Today, Disney Cruise Line informed guests booked on the Disney Wonder’s March 4, 2022 14-Night Westbound Panama Canal Cruise from New Orleans to San Diego the scheduled call in Grand Cayman will be replaced by a day at sea due to the continued closure of cruise port in Grand Cayman.
The Disney Wonder’s revised itinerary is as follows:
- Friday March 4, 2022 – New Orleans, Louisiana
- Saturday March 5, 2022 – At Sea
- Sunday March 6, 2022 – Cozumel, Mexico
- Monday March 7, 2022 – At Sea
- Tuesday March 8, 2022 – At Sea
- Wednesday March 9, 2022 – Cartagena, Colombia
- Thursday March 10, 2022 – Panama Canal
- Friday March 11, 2022 – At Sea
- Saturday March 12, 2022 – At Sea
- Sunday March 13, 2022 – At Sea
- Monday March 14, 2022 – At Sea
- Tuesday March 15, 2022 – Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Wednesday March 16, 2022 – Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Thursday March 17, 2022 – At Sea
Friday March 18, 2022 – San Diego, California (Debarkation)
In December 2021, Acting Minister for Tourism Hon. Dwayne Seymour recently stated that “we look forward to welcoming cruise tourism business in 2022 when it is safer to do so.” In late January 2022, the Cayman Islands Government approved the extension of the temporary ban on cruise ships through February 28, 2022. Government officials and cruise line executive have been discussing safety protocols for the resumption of cruise calls in Grand Cayman.
There are still a few scheduled calls to Grand Cayman in March which at this time are on track if the ban is lifted. The dates shown below are the schedule port day in Grand Cayman, not the sail date.
- Disney Fantasy | Tuesday March 15, 2022 – 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral
- Disney Magic | Monday March 21, 2022 – 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami
- Disney Fantasy | Tuesday March 29, 2022 – 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral
At this time, the sailings listed above remain unaltered with the advertised calls in the Cayman Islands as of this publication over on Disney Cruise Line’s website.