The Disney Wonder arrived at the Port of New Orleans in Louisiana shortly after 2 AM Central Time following her first transit of the Mississippi River marking the end of her time sailing from San Juan.
The Disney Wonder will spend the remainder of February and the first week of March sailing from the Port of New Orleans.
In 2020, the Disney Wonder will sail a total of seven voyages from the Port of New Orleans beginning with back to back Bahamian cruises followed by four Western Caribbean cruises ranging from 4- to 7-nights. On March 6th, the Disney Wonder will leave New Orleans on a 14-night Panama Canal cruise to San Diego. Below is a complete rundown of the 2020 Disney Wonder sailings from New Orleans.
- Friday February 7, 2020 – 7-Night Bahamian Cruise from New Orleans
- Friday February 14, 2020 – 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from New Orleans
- Friday February 21, 2020 – 6-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from New Orleans
- Thursday February 27, 2020 – 4-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from New Orleans
- Monday March 2, 2020 – 4-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from New Orleans
- Friday March 6, 2020 – 14-Night Westbound Panama Canal Cruise from New Orleans to San Diego
Reports of New Orlean’s interest in Disney Cruise Line first came to light in early-2013. However, it wasn’t until September 2018 when the Port of New Orleans was officially announced as a regional homeport with the itinerary announcement for Early 2020.
If you missed out on booking one of the cruises for 2020, the Disney Wonder will return to New Orleans in 2021 with 6 departures from January through February.
The Disney Parks Blog published these next two images on Saturday morning.
Are you in New Orleans to sail on the Disney Wonder? We’d love to see your photos.