Overnight, Disney Cruise Line published new important information including the current vaccine requirement for select guests, as it pertains to the upcoming Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycations. The Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycations go on sale this coming week and are only available to UK residents. Disney clarified this to state, UK residents means residents of either England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
The Disney Magic at Sea staycations sailings are scheduled to go on sale to the general public on April 30, 2021 with tiered early booking starting on April 28, 2021. These limited time sailings will feature enchanted entertainment with multiple layers of health and safety measures. The Disney Magic is scheduled to sail a variety of itineraries including 2- and 3-night voyages, as well as limited 4-night sailings round-trip from Liverpool, Southampton, Newcastle, and London Tilbury. The first cruise sails on July 15 ,2021 from Liverpool.
As of today, In order to sail, guests 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the National Health Service. NHS currently defines fully vaccinated as 7 days after the final dose. Disney Cruise Line will contact Guests prior to sailing with instructions on how to show proof of vaccination status.
COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing
- COVID-19 Vaccination: In order to sail, Guests 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the National Health Service (NHS). The NHS currently defines “fully vaccinated” as 7 days after the final dose. Disney Cruise Line will contact Guests prior to sailing with instructions on how to show proof of this vaccination status.
- Pre-Trip COVID-19 Testing: Guests under 18 years of age are not required to be vaccinated, but must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 5 days and 24 hours prior to the date you set sail. Disney Cruise Line has secured a special discounted rate through a third-party vendor for PCR tests and will contact Guests prior to sailing with instructions on how to complete and submit their test results. Guests may obtain their PCR test from the third-party vendor or any qualified testing supplier.
- Embarkation COVID-19 Testing: All Guests, including those who have been vaccinated, are required to undergo an antigen COVID-19 rapid test administered by a third party in the terminal prior to boarding. Anyone testing positive will undergo a second test to verify the results. All tests administered at the terminal will be at the expense of Disney Cruise Line. Guests with positive COVID-19 test results, as well as those in their travel party, will be denied boarding
Guests under 18 years old are NOT required to be vaccinated, but must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 5 days and 24 hours prior to embarkation. Disney Cruise Line has secured a special discounted rate through a third-party vendor for PCR tests and will contact Guests prior to sailing with instructions on how to complete and submit their test results. Guests may obtain their PCR test from the third-party vendor or a qualified testing supplier of their choice. All guests, including those who have been vaccinated, are also required to undergo an antigen COVID-19 rapid test administered by a third party in the terminal prior to boarding, at Disney’s expense. Anyone testing positive at the terminal will undergo a second test to verify the results. Guests with positive COVID-19 test results and their party will be denied boarding. Daily temperature checks and health questionnaires will be required for all Guests prior to embarkation and during the cruise.
Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 11 and up) and Crew Members, including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining, swimming or in your stateroom. You may temporarily remove your face covering while actively eating, drinking or taking an outdoor photo, but you must be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing during this time. It is recommended that children ages 3 to 10 wear a face covering at all times except in designated locations. All face coverings should fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the Guest to remain hands-free; fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face; be secured with ties or ear loops; and be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable. At this time based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings.
Book with Confidence – 2021 UK Staycations
Disney Cruise Line is offering guests peace of mind with flexible modification and cancellation options for UK Disney Magic at Sea bookings and it is specific to the new UK summer 2021 sailings on Disney Magic.
Extended Final Payment
For UK Disney Magic at Sea sailings, the deadline for final payment is extended until 30 days prior to sailing (excluding bookings for Stateroom Categories with Restrictions).
Full Refund before Final Payment Deadline
For UK Disney Magic at Sea sailings, guests who cancel before the final payment deadline can receive a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees, excluding select room categories. Cancellation fee schedule for UK Magic at Sea sailings:
Reservations for Inside, Outside and Verandah Categories with Restrictions remain nonrefundable and nontransferable.
For all categories except Suite, Concierge and Categories with Restrictions:
|Days Prior to Departure Date||Fee Amount|
|30 days or more||Full refund with no fee|
|29 – 15 days||75% of booking price per Guest|
|14 days or less||100% of booking price per Guest|
For Suite and Concierge Categories:
|Days Prior to Departure Date||Fee Amount|
|30 days or more||Deposit per Guest|
|29 days or less||100% of booking price per Guest|
Cruise Date Flexibility
Guests can change their sail date without amendment fees up to 7 days prior to departure. Standard prevailing rates will apply. Guests who wish to change their sail date must move their sail date to one that commences prior to September 30, 2022. Standard prevailing rates will apply. Guests cannot change their reservation back to the original sail date after taking advantage of this offer. Should guest then cancel their new sail date, cancellation fees will be the greater of: a) cancellation fees that would have been applicable to the original sail date; or b) cancellation fees applicable to the new sail date.
Flexible Refund Policy
Within 14 days of the sailing, booked Guests with qualifying COVID-19-related concerns can receive a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees or apply their cruise fare toward a future sail date. Standard prevailing rates will apply.
- Within 14 days prior to departure, Guests who experience one or more of the qualifying scenarios may change their sail date, under the following terms:
- Qualifying scenarios include Guests who:
- Have symptoms of COVID-19
- Have a temperature of 38 C or greater
- Have had known exposure to a person with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days
- Have tested positive for COVID-19
- Are unable to travel due to government-imposed travel restrictions
- Guests age 18 and older have not been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the NHS prior to their sail date.
- Guests who wish to change their sail date must move the sail date to a future sailing that commences prior to September 30, 2022.
- Guests cannot change their reservation back to the original sail date after taking advantage of this policy.
- Guests who do not wish to select a new sail date will be provided a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees in their original form of payment.
- Guests who experience one or more of the qualifying scenarios on the day of departure will not be able to sail and will receive a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees.
Disney Cruise Line Navigator App
The Disney Cruise Line Navigator app will play a major role in the resumption of cruising and it is recommended that guests download the the latest version of before they leave for the terminal. There are number of new features to help maintain physical distancing:
- Guest Services Live Chat: Communicate directly with a Guest Services Crew Member—in addition to our Dining teams—with our new live chat feature.
- Virtual Queue: Use our new virtual queue to easily reserve time at the Goofy’s Pool Deck Area and AquaLab Deck Area.
- Advance Reservations for Complimentary Experiences: In addition to booking premium offerings, you’ll need to reserve complimentary experiences, including showtimes for our West-End-style live shows, time in the kids clubs and visits to the gym, available in the app.
- Digital Receipts: You can now review recent transactions and purchases directly via the app.
- Details You Need: View digital menus, activity schedules, venue descriptions and locations, and much more.
- Exploring Made Easy: Find what you’re looking for quickly with deck plans that show the restaurants, shops and more near you.
Know Before You Go
Disney published a series of Know Before You Go webpages to help keep guests informed as they prepare to set sail on the new Disney Magic at Sea staycation cruises from the UK. The pages will help you discover what you can expect and it will be important to check back here as information is updated often. It appears Disney will note when the pages were last updated, as the pages now show an April 23, 2021 last update date. Since the first UK Staycation cruise is months away embarking July 15 ,2021 from Liverpool, I suspect Disney will continue to modify the important information over the next couple months.
While the Know before you go information is specific to the Disney Magic at Sea UK Staycations, it does offering insight in to what guests may encounter when the other Disney Cruise ships begin to return to service.
- New! UK Staycations with Disney Magic at Sea (archived pdf – 4/24/21)
- Disney Magic at Sea – Know Before You Go – last updated April 23, 2021 (archived pdf – 4/24/21)
- Book with Confidence: 2021 UK Staycations with Disney Magic at Sea (archived pdf – 4/24/21)