Today, Disney shared their latest installment of the Designing the Disney Wish video series offering a look at the artfully designed staterooms which were introduced last month and are much different than those of the existing fleet. In the second episode of the series, the creative team shared details on the all-new look and feel for every stateroom aboard the Disney Wish. Steeped in enchantment and inspired by Disney stories, accommodations aboard the Disney Wish will be a peaceful retreat designed with families in mind, featuring custom-made artwork depicting beloved Disney fairytales.
New for the Disney Wish, Walt Disney Imagineers have imbued every stateroom with the soft, dreamlike worlds and restful imagery of enchanted Disney fairytales through glittering gold-leafed headboard murals and framed pieces commissioned exclusively for the Disney Wish.
In line with the ship’s overall design motif of enchantment, stateroom artwork will represent classic and contemporary Disney stories that capture the essence of wish fulfillment and dreams come true, such as Cinderella (whose maxim “a dream is a wish your heart makes when you’re fast asleep” is particularly fitting).
Beyond the artwork, every detail has been designed to tell a story, from pixie-dusted furnishings to delicate linen embroidery inspired by the fleet’s signature golden filigree. This even extends into the corridors, where exquisite decoration serves the greater purpose of wayfinding: Richly themed carpeting, softly colored accent walls, magical lighting and unique adornments will provide guests with an intuitive yet artful cue to know they’ve arrived at their home away from home.
Dreamy Details and Wished-For Features
Every stateroom aboard the Disney Wish has been designed with ample room for families, plenty of storage space and upscale amenities. Most of the ship’s 1,254 staterooms will offer an ocean view — including 877 (70%) with a spacious verandah — and there will be 451 connecting doors that adjoin rooms to accommodate larger families. Some connecting staterooms will have a partition between verandahs that may be opened to create a bigger, shared balcony.
- Most staterooms will feature Disney Cruise Line’s signature split-bathroom concept, with a sink and shower in one room and a sink and toilet in a separate room. All will include a bathtub – perfect for giving children a bath.
- Enhanced storage options, roomy closets and elevated bed frames with generous under-bed space will provide plenty of places to store suitcases and other bulky items essential to family travel.
- Little ones will delight in a secret starfield hidden above pull-down beds, with original artwork revealing a constellation of Fairy Godmother overhead.
- Other exceptional amenities and highlights will include a 43-inch TV, USB and USB-C ports, large vanity, mini drawer refrigerator, full-length mirror, mini safe, hair dryer, privacy divider, queen and pull-out sofa beds, deluxe toiletries, plush robes, and lavish bed linens and duvets.
Concierge Staterooms, Suites and Service
The Disney Wish will elevate the concierge experience with 76 concierge staterooms and suites – more than double the number available on other Disney ships.
- Accommodating up to five guests, these rooms will feature spacious living areas, king beds, luxurious finishes and premium amenities. Most will include a generous private verandah, and most have been designed with the rich color palette and distinctive iconography of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Tangled.”
- One-bedroom concierge suites will have a separate living room, walk-in closets, two 43-inch TVs and two bathrooms (including a main bathroom with rain shower, bathtub and double vanity).
- Seven exclusive oceanview rooms are Disney’s first-ever staterooms located above the bridge. These will have extended living areas with breathtaking views of the ocean through floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook the bow.
In addition to the Wish Tower Suite, the Disney Wish will also debut four royal suites that celebrate the gilded world of Disney Animation’s “Sleeping Beauty,” with two Princess Aurora Royal Suites and two Briar Rose Royal Suites. Each pair includes a single-floor option and a two-story configuration, the first of their kind for the Disney fleet.
- Royal suites will feature extravagant details, upscale furnishings and first-class amenities, including an extensive living area, open dining salon, sizeable pantry and private hot tub on the oversized verandah.
- Each suite has two main bedrooms — each with its own opulent bathroom featuring a double vanity and either a rain shower or bathtub — as well as a double sleeper sofa in the living room and a third bathroom with a shower.
- The two-story royal suites will boast floor-to-ceiling windows and stunning statement pieces, like an elegant spiral staircase and a spectacular two-deck-high bespoke stained-glass frieze.
All concierge guests will receive a premium level of dedicated service and access to exclusive areas and amenities throughout their voyage. The Concierge Lounge will be more than triple the size from previous Disney ships and will offer a full bar, delicious light bites, special kids’ area and an outdoor terrace with incredible views.
From the lounge, concierge guests will have access to a private sun deck with two whirlpools, a wading pool, a bar, lush lounge furniture and the superlative service of a pool deck host.
For more information check out our custom color coded stateroom category deck plan has been added to the Disney Wish deck plan page and joins the graphical representation of the various decks which was released during the grand reveal of the Disney Wish. The Disney Wish staterooms are available to browse via the stateroom explorer.
Bookings for the inaugural season for the Disney Wish open to the general public on May 27, 2021 with tiered early booking beginning today, May 17th, for Platinum Castaway Club members with 25 or more sailings.