Today, Disney Cruise Line changed the advertised itinerary on their website for the Disney Fantasy’s February 12, 2022 Star Wars Day at Sea sailing due to the continued closure of cruise port in Grand Cayman.
The Disney Fantasy’s revised itinerary, a 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral will drop the call in Grand Cayman and spend the day at sea. The revised itinerary is as follows:
- Saturday February 12, 2022 – Port Canaveral, Florida
- Sunday February 13, 2022 – At Sea
- Monday February 14, 2022 – Cozumel, Mexico
- Tuesday February 15, 2022 – At Sea (previously Grand Cayman)
- Wednesday February 16, 2022 – Falmouth, Jamaica
- Thursday February 17, 2022 – At Sea
- Friday February 18, 2022 – Castaway Cay
Saturday February 19, 2022 – Port Canaveral, Florida (Debarkation)
In December 2021, Acting Minister for Tourism Hon. Dwayne Seymour recently stated that “we look forward to welcoming cruise tourism business in 2022 when it is safer to do so.” In late January 2022, the Cayman Islands Government approved the extension of the temporary ban on cruise ships through February 28, 2022. Government officials and cruise line executive have been discussing safety protocols for the resumption of cruise calls in Grand Cayman.
There are multiple scheduled calls to Grand Cayman in March which at this time are on track if the ban is lifted. The dates shown below are the schedule port day in Grand Cayman, not the sail date.
- Disney Wonder | Monday March 7, 2022 – 14-Night Westbound Panama Canal Cruise from New Orleans to San Diego
- Disney Fantasy | Tuesday March 15, 2022 – 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral
- Disney Magic | Monday March 21, 2022 – 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami
- Disney Fantasy | Tuesday March 29, 2022 – 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral
At this time, the sailings remain unaltered with the advertised calls in the Cayman Islands as of this publication over on Disney Cruise Line’s website.