Overnight, The Bahamas State of Emergency expired and a new set of rules went into effect ushering in new general rules and rules for the prevention and management of community spread with similar protocols including the vaccine mandate for cruise ships.
The general rules defines a number of measures and fines such as a $250 fine for not wearing a mask incurs, limits taxi and bus service to 50% normal seating capacity, and mandates physical distancing of six feet.
The prevention and management of community spread rules incudes specific language for cruise ships which extends The Bahamas cruise ship passenger (12 and older) vaccine requirement originally issued back in August with a September 3 effective date.
Bahamas Health Services Covid-19 Prevention and Management of Community Spread Rules for cruise ships is as follows.
A cruise ship which is on a passenger voyage shall not be permitted to enter a port in The Bahamas (including a private stop) unless:
- the captain or master of the cruise ship transmits a crew and passenger manifest to the medical officer of health present at that port, which discloses the vaccination status of all persons prior to arriving at the port;
- all passengers who are twelve years and older were fully vaccinated prior to embarking on the cruise ship at the start of the voyage; and
- the health protocols, previously submitted by its cruise line to the Minister and approved by the Minister, has been complied with.
The following are exclusions for the vaccine requirement for all passengers who are twelve years and older:
- the crew, contractors and any non-revenue passenger of that cruise ship and whatever protocols that were previously agreed to between the Government of The Bahamas and each cruise line in relation to its crew, contractors and non-revenue passenger shall remain in effect;
- a cruise ship attempting to call at a port in an emergency, or in other exigent circumstances approved by the Government of The Bahamas;
- an unvaccinated passenger who is ineligible for the COVID 19 vaccination due to medical contraindications.
Notwithstanding rule 14, a person entering The Bahamas on a cruise ship, will be subjected to the testing requirements mandated by the cruise line and approved by the Minister.