Today, The Bahamas announced that cruise ships with passengers shall not be permitted to enter a port in The Bahamas, including a private stop, such as Disney’s Castaway Cay, beginning September 3, 2021 until November 1, 2021 unless a number of conditions are met including a requirement for all passengers 12 and over to be vaccinated except for individuals who are ineligible due to medical contraindications.
Specifically the order now reads as follows:
Effective the 3rd day of September, 2021 until the 1st Day of November, 2021, a cruise ship which is on a passenger voyage shall not be permitted to enter a port in The Bahamas (including a private stop) unless –
- The Captain or Master of the cruise ship transmits a crew and passenger manifest to the Port Medical Officer, which discloses the vaccination status of all persons prior to arriving at the port;
- all passengers over twelve (12) years old and older were fully vaccinated prior to embarking on the cruise ship at the start of the voyage; and
- the health protocols, previously submitted by its cruise line to the Competent Authority and approved by the Competent Authority, has been complied with.
With regards to the vaccination requirement, this order shall not apply to –
- the crew, contractors and any non-revenue passengers of that cruise ship and whatever protocols that were previously agreed to between the Government of The Bahamas and each cruise line in relation to its crew, contractors and non-revenue passenger shall remain in effect;
- a cruise ship attempting to call at a port in an emergency, or in other exigent circumstances approved by Government of The Bahamas;
- an unvaccinated passenger who is ineligible for the COVID-19 vaccination due to medical contradictions.
This is a developing story. It appears based on the wording this will likely impact sailings during the effective dates as ALL guest 12 and over must be vaccinated in order for the ship to dock.
We will continue to dig into this and provide an update as soon as possible. At this time there are not official changes as it pertains to Disney Cruise Line. We contacted Disney Cruise Line for comment, but have not heard back. I suspect they are busy determining their path forward and will provide an update in the near future.
This was first reported by Eyewitness News Bahamas.