Disney Cruise Line announced the domestic return of the Disney Magic next month. The Disney Magic, which has been sailing UK Staycations this summer, will resume service in the United States on October 28, 2021 from Port Miami. Additionally, the Disney Fantasy will resume sailing 7-night and longer voyages on October 9, 2021.
Disney Magic Will Resume Sailing from Miami on October 28, 2021
The Disney Magic will resume delivering magical family vacations in the U.S. with mostly 4- and 5-night sailings out of Miami, Florida beginning October 28, 2021, a 3-night Bahamian Cruise. Four-night sailings will feature stops in The Bahamas. Five-night sailings will feature stops in The Bahamas and Mexico.
As we continue to resume sailings in a gradual, phased approach, it is necessary for Disney Cruise Line to modify some Disney Magic itineraries, as well as cancel the October 21 and October 24, 2021 Disney Magic sailings. Guests who have paid their reservation in full will be offered the choice of a full refund or a cruise credit to be used for a future sailing. Guests who have not paid their reservations in full will automatically receive a refund of what they have paid so far.
Impacted Guests and travel agents will receive an email from Disney Cruise Line outlining details and next steps. Guests who have booked their reservation through a travel agent should contact them directly with any questions. Those who have booked directly with Disney Cruise Line, and have questions after receiving their email, should call (866) 325-6685 or (407) 566-7797.
Key West Update
Disney Magic itineraries with Key West, FL as a port of call through May 2022 have been modified to remove Key West from the itinerary. Nassau or Castaway Cay will replace Key West on those sailings. Key West residents voted to limit the size of cruise ships and place limits on daily passengers during last November’s election. However, the State of Florida passed a bill overriding the approved referendums. Since the bill’s passing, residents of Key West have continued the push to find a workaround to re-establish the cruise ship referendums within current state law.
The following are days the Disney Magic was scheduled to call on Key West. At this time, the sailings have been updated to reflect the itinerary changes.
- Monday November 15, 2021 – 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami
- Wednesday December 1, 2021 – 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami
- Wednesday December 8, 2021 – 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami
- Wednesday January 5, 2022 – 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami
- Wednesday January 19, 2022 – 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami
- Wednesday February 2, 2022 – 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami
- Monday February 21, 2022 – 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami
- Friday February 25, 2022 – 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami
- Wednesday March 2, 2022 – 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami
- Wednesday March 16, 2022 – 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami
- Wednesday April 13, 2022 – 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami
- Sunday April 17, 2022 – 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami
- Wednesday April 27, 2022 – 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami
- Friday May 6, 2022 – 3-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami
Disney Fantasy Will Resume Seven Nights and Longer Voyages from Port Canaveral on October 9, 2021
Beginning October 9, 2021, the Disney Fantasy will resume voyages 7-nights and longer from Port Canaveral, Florida, with stops in The Bahamas and Mexico.
As part of our phased approach, 7-night sailings aboard the Disney Fantasy on October 9 and October 30, 2021, have been modified to include ports in Mexico and The Bahamas. Additionally, the October 16, 2021 8-night voyage has also been modified to include ports in Mexico and The Bahamas.
Last bit of housekeeping, beginning September 3, 2021, guests are no longer required to purchase the Vacation Protection Plan (VPP) or provide proof of a valid travel insurance policy in order to sail with Disney Cruise Line.
At the time of publication, Disney Cruise Line’s website did not show the updated sailings. Once these are updated on Disney’s side, I will update sailings with the proper port schedules.
The website has been updated for the impacted sailings based on information now available on Disney Cruise Line’s website.