Today, Disney Cruise Line announced a flexible refund policy for booked guests with COVID-19-related health concerns. Guests with symptoms or exposure can receive a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees or apply their cruise fare toward a future sail date within 14 days of the sailing. This new policy is part of Disney’s Cruise Date Flexibility offer which enables guests to book with confidence during these unprecedented times.
DCL’s Flexible Refund Policy
- Guests who experience one or more of the qualifying scenarios within 14 days prior to embarkation may change their sail date on the same terms as the Cruise Date Flexibility offer. Qualifying scenarios include Guests who:
- Have symptoms of COVID-19
- Have a temperature of 100.4°F or greater
- Have had known exposure to a person with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days
- Have tested positive for COVID-19
- Indicate a high health risk in response to any questions contained in the Disney Cruise Line health questionnaire
- Guests who do not wish to select a new sail date will be provided a full refund without Disney imposed cancellation fees in their original form of payment.
- Guests who experience one or more of the qualifying scenarios and do not contact Disney Cruise Line prior to their cruise vacation will not be able to sail and will receive a full refund without Disney imposed cancellation fees.
DCL’s COVID-19 Warning (as of September 25, 2020)
While we are still evaluating the timing, when we return to sailing we will inform you of enhanced health and safety measures – for you, our other Guests, Cast and Crew Members. You will be required to follow all posted instructions when sailing with Disney Cruise Line.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By sailing with Disney Cruise Line you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Help keep each other healthy.
Does the flexible refund policy make you feel more confident about booking an upcoming Disney Cruise?