Disney Cruise Line is sending emails to guests who modified or cancelled select Disney Magic, Disney Dream, and Disney Fantasy sailings prior to Friday’s (April 10, 2020) cancelations offering a future cruise credit or a refund of cancelation fees. For those who moved or cancelled a reservation between January 30 – April 10, 2020 for a Disney Magic, Disney Dream, and Disney Fantasy sailings that was scheduled to depart between April 29 and May 17, 2020.
For guests originally booked these select sailings that was scheduled to depart between April 29 – May 17, 2020, and moved the booking to a new sail date due to concerns about the new coronavirus (COVID-19), Disney Cruise Line would now like to offer an additional future cruise credit equal to 25% of the original voyage fare to use toward the modified sailing. Once the modified reservation is paid in full, any remaining future cruise credit will be applied as to your shipboard account as a non-refundable onboard credit. If circumstances have changed and you’d prefer to cancel the reservation you modified, you may do so for a full refund of the original voyage fare paid.
*The future cruise credit is equal to 25% of your client’s original voyage fare and is only valid for sailings departing within 15 months of your client’s original sailing. The original reservation must be paid in full to be eligible for the FCC. The future cruise credit is applied per person and is non-transferable, non-refundable and has no cash value. Standard prevailing rates apply and the guest is responsible for any balance due after the future cruise credit has been applied. If you are not able to use the future cruise credit, your will be eligible for a refund up to the amount of your original voyage fare. Standard cancellation policies and terms and conditions apply to future sailings. Guests who previously received a future cruise credit are not eligible for an additional future cruise credit.
Disney Cruise Line state they are are automatically refunding any cancellation fees that may have been charged. This refund will be processed back to the original form of payment, but may be delayed due to the high volume. For anyone with questions, guests who booked through a travel agent should contact them directly, and those who booked with Disney Cruise Line may call 1-866-325-2112 or 407-566-3510.
Unfortunately Scott, Disney still is not offering anything for those who purchased a place holder for $250 up to 24 months ago. My voucher expires on May 25th and after 2 phone calls as well as an email from a “manager” they have NO options for these past cruisers. I am counting down the days to the date where Disney refunds my $250 placeholder and tells me that I have lost my 10% discount and $200 onboard credit and to feel free to book another cruise at 100% cost at anytime. Thanks Disney, way to take care of your repeat customers and those who committed to cruising with you again by securing a $250 deposit, and here we are with NO options and at a loss of our placeholder benefits.
this was my concern. we also have a placeholder we planned to use for the WBTA in october but we will not be going. not safe. we last cruised in october 2018 and booked a placeholder and they still had the 10% and OBC offer. i’ve been wondering if they would be honoring that if needing to change, given that they no longer offer the OBC when booking a placeholder, and this more or less confirms my suspicions. which is wrong, because they should be doing everything possible to accommodate people to whom these parameters apply. easy way for them to wiggle out of honoring the OBC for a lot of people. we have not yet paid in full, but at this point i don’t feel comfortable paying a penny more on the booking and risk not getting it all back. if we pay and it’s not canceled, we’re out the cancellation fee since we won’t be going, and if we pay and it is canceled, there’s no saying they will continue doing what’s described above for the foreseeable future. my personal opinion is all cruises need to be canceled the rest of the year strictly for safety but it won’t happen. payment not currently due until june, just waiting to see if they extend that out further. we’ll cancel at hour 11.
Ashley, Keep calling and emailing. From what I was told when I inquired, DCL hasn’t made any changes to the offering due to current circumstances, but that could always change. I read into this as, the more people speak out on the placeholder expiration dates not being extended, the better chance we all have getting an extension added. At least for the number of days of the shutdown. Just keep in mind, the people on the phone and those reading the email are not the ones making the decisions, be nice to them.