Disney Cruise Line recently added a selection of port adventures for guests to choose when sailing to Heraklion (Crete), Greece aboard the Disney Magic in 2020. The Disney Magic is scheduled to make just one call to Heraklion (Crete) on June 16th, during the 9-Night Mediterranean with Greek Isles Cruise which departs Civitavecchia on June13th.
The port adventure slate features most of the same offering from the Disney Magic’s inaugural call to Heraklion in 2014. At this time, the only port adventures not returning from 2015 are the two private vehicle tours offered in a car.
Below are brief summaries of each port adventure with links for more information on each.
- Archaeological Museum and Leisure Time at Heraklion (HR07)
Soak up local city sights after exploring one of Europe’s most important museums, famous for its Minoan artifact collection.
- Archaeological Museum and Leisure Time at Heraklion – Adult Only Departure (HR11)
Explore artifacts from the magnificent Minoan civilization and enjoy time on your own in Heraklion.
- Archaeological Museum and Thalassocosmos Aquarium (HR08)
Explore artifacts from Cretan history and then go “under the sea” to see magnificent local ocean creatures.
- Discover Knossos Archaeological Site with Leisure Time at Heraklion Town (HR06)
Visit must-see historical attractions during a guided tour of one of Europe’s oldest cities, then explore Heraklion on your own.
- Heraklion (Crete) by Private Vehicle – 4-Hour Minibus with Driver Only (HR14)
Take advantage of a private vehicle and your own driver for maximum flexibility—plus an option to add a tour guide.
- Heraklion (Crete) by Private Vehicle – 8-Hour Minibus with Driver Only (HR15)
A vehicle for the day is the perfect solution for passengers who’d like to tour privately and design their own itinerary.
- Isla Beach Club and Knossos Archaeological Site (HR05)
Discover ancient Knossos, birthplace of mythological creatures like the bullhead Minotaur—then relax on a sandy beach along the Cretan Sea.
- Karteros Beach Transfer (HR09)
Relax by the sparkling sea on a beach where you can rent chairs, umbrellas and more.
- Knossos Archaeological Site, Museum and Leisure Time at Heraklion Town (HR02)
Encounter ancient Knossos, where the legend of the Minotaur originated, and then explore the museum and town of Heraklion.
- Knossos Archaeological Site, Museum and Leisure Time at Heraklion Town – Adult Only Departure (HR10)
Discover ancient Knossos, where the legend of the Minotaur originated, and explore the town and museum of Heraklion.
- Knossos Palace Ruins and Arolithos Village with Family Activity (HR01)
Step back in time as you explore the legendary Knossos Palace and Arolithos, a recreated traditional Cretan village.
- Knossos Palace Ruins and Thalassocosmos Aquarium Behind the “Seas” (HR04)
Discover ancient Knossos, where the myth of the Minotaur was born, and then enjoy an aquarium tour.
- Traditional Village of Arolithos and Knossos Archaeological Site (HR03)
Explore Knossos and the Palace of King Minos, then visit the village of Arolithos for traditional folk dancing and food.
2020 Sailing Featuring Heraklion (Crete), Greece
- 9-Night Mediterranean with Greek Isles Cruise from Civitavecchia
Civitavecchia (Rome) • Messina (Sicily) • At Sea • Heraklion (Crete) • Piraeus (Athens) • Mykonos • Santorini • At Sea • Naples
Keep an eye out on our social media channels as we will update this post with any additional port adventure offerings for the 2020 call to Heraklion as they become available.