Hurricane Dorian Forces Disney Dream to Alter Sailings

Disney Cruise Line is altering Disney Dream next two sailings. The August 30, 2019 3-night Bahamian Cruise is being turned into a 5-night Western Caribbean Cruise to Cozumel which will impact the Dream’s previously schedule Monday departure. The Monday 4-night is being changed to a 2-night cruise leaving Port Canaveral on Wednesday.

On Friday, the Disney Dream will sail from Port Canaveral, keeping a safe distance from the storm. At this time, the plan is to visit Cozumel on Sunday September 1, 2019 and Castaway Cay on Tuesday September 3, 2019.

For guests who no long wish to sail on this voyage they are asked to call Disney Cruise Line at 866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032 by noon on Friday. Impacted Guests will have until October 31, 2019 to choose a new sail date.

The new August 30th, 5-night cruise is as follows:

Map Dream 5 Night Western Caribbean PCV SEA CZM SEA GOC
  1. Friday August 30, 2019 – Port Canaveral
  2. Saturday August 31, 2019 – At Sea
  3. Sunday September 1, 2019 – Cozumel
  4. Monday September 2, 2019 – At Sea
  5. Tuesday September 3, 2019 – Castaway Cay
    Wednesday September 4, 2019 – Port Canaveral (Debarkation)

Below is a copy of the email that was sent to travel agents with clients booked on the sailing.

DCL Dream Hurricane Dorian Email 20190829

The Disney Dream’s previously schedule Monday departure has been changed to a Wednesday, September 4, 2019 2-night Bahamian Cruise with a stop at Castaway Cay Thursday, September 5, 2019.

The new September 4th itinerary is as follows:

  1. Wednesday September 4, 2019 – Port Canaveral
  2. Thursday September 5, 2019 – Castaway Cay
    Friday September 6, 2019 – Port Canaveral (Debarkation)

Guests that choose to continue with this sailing will receive a 50% refund of your voyage fare and a $250 onboard credit per stateroom. Guests that do not want to sail on Friday, must call us at 866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032 by noon on Sunday, September 1. Guests will then have until October 31, 2019 to choose a new sail date.

Disney Cruise Line issued the following tropical weather update at 5pm.

Tropical Weather Update
August 29, 2019 – 5:00 p.m. 

We continue to closely monitor the path and progress of Hurricane Dorian to ensure our Guests enjoy safe and comfortable cruises, and to make certain our ships steer clear of the storm. The safety of our Guests and crew is always our foremost concern. 

Disney Dream – Friday, August 30 – UPDATED

Based on our most recent conversations with ports in Florida, and to help our Guests better finalize their travel plans, we have decided to turn this cruise into a five-night sailing, departing as planned on Friday, August 30, with an expected return to Port Canaveral on Wednesday, September 4. Once the ship departs Port Canaveral tomorrow, it will keep a safe distance from the storm. 

At this time, we anticipate Disney Dream will visit Cozumel, Mexico on Sunday, September 1. Current plans also include a stop on Tuesday, September 3 at Disney’s Castaway Cay, dependent on the storm’s path. We will continue to monitor weather forecasts throughout your sailing and adjust as needed. 

Guests that do not want to sail on Friday, must call us at 866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032 by noon on Friday (tomorrow). Guests will then have until October 31, 2019 to choose a new sail date. They may change their reservation to a later date without incurring a change fee, though there may be a difference in price depending on the new sailing selected.

Disney Fantasy – Saturday, August 31 

At this time, based on the current predicted storm timing and path, we do not anticipate any changes to the Disney Fantasy sailing on Saturday, Aug. 31. 

Disney Dream – Monday, September 2 – NEW

Based on our most recent conversations with ports in Florida, and to help our Guests better finalize their travel plans, we have decided to turn this cruise into a two-night sailing, departing from Port Canaveral on Wednesday, September 4, with an expected return to Port Canaveral on Friday, September 6.

At this time, we anticipate Disney Dream will visit Disney’s Castaway Cay on Thursday, September 5, dependent on whether it is impacted by Hurricane Dorian. 

Guests that choose to continue with this sailing will receive a 50% refund of your voyage fare and a $250 onboard credit per stateroom. 

Guests that do not want to sail on Friday, must call us at 866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032 by noon on Sunday, September 1. Guests will then have until October 31, 2019 to choose a new sail date. They may change their reservation to a later date without incurring a change fee, though there may be a difference in price depending on the new sailing selected.

Disney Cruise Line issued the following tropical weather update at 6pm correcting the last paragraph for the Disney Dream’s September 2nd cruise.

Tropical Weather Update
August 29, 2019 – 6:00 p.m.
We continue to closely monitor the path and progress of Hurricane Dorian to ensure our guests enjoy safe and comfortable cruises, and to make certain our ships steer clear of the storm. The safety of our guests and crew is always our foremost concern. 


Disney Dream – Friday, August 30 – UPDATED 
Based on our most recent conversations with ports in Florida and to help our Guests better finalize their travel plans, we have decided to turn this cruise into a five-night sailing, departing as planned on Friday, August 30, with an expected return to Port Canaveral on Wednesday, September 4. Once the ship departs Port Canaveral tomorrow, it will keep a safe distance from the storm. 


At this time, we anticipate Disney Dream will visit Cozumel, Mexico on Sunday, September 1. Current plans also include a stop on Tuesday, September 3 at Disney Castaway Cay, dependent on the storm’s path. We will continue to monitor weather forecasts throughout your sailing and adjust as needed. 


Guests who do not want to sail on Friday, must call us at 866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032 by noon on Friday (tomorrow). Guests will then have until October 31, 2019 to choose a new sail date. They may change their reservation to a later date without incurring a change fee, though there may be a difference in price depending on the new sailing selected. 


Disney Fantasy – Saturday, August 31 
At this time, based on the current predicted storm timing and path, we do not anticipate any changes to the Disney Fantasy sailing on Saturday, Aug. 31. 


Disney Dream – Monday, September 2 – NEW 

Based on our most recent conversations with ports in Florida and to help our Guests better finalize their travel plans, we have decided to turn this cruise into a two-night sailing, with an expected departure from Port Canaveral on Wednesday, September 4, and an expected return to Port Canaveral on Friday, September 6.


At this time, we anticipate Disney Dream will visit Disney Castaway Cay on Thursday, September 5, dependent on whether it is impacted by Hurricane Dorian. 
Guests that choose to continue with this sailing will receive a 50% refund of your voyage fare and a $250 onboard credit per stateroom. 


Guests who do not want to sail on Wednesday must call us at 866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032 by noon on Sunday, September 1. Guests will then have until October 31, 2019 to choose a new sail date. They may change their reservation to a later date without incurring a change fee, though there may be a difference in price depending on the new sailing selected.

Disney Cruise Line issued the following tropical weather update at 5pm on August 30th dropping the details on the Dream’s 8/30 departure. The rest of the update remained unchanged.

Tropical Weather Update
August 30, 2019 – 5:00 p.m.
We continue to closely monitor the path and progress of Hurricane Dorian to ensure our guests enjoy safe and comfortable cruises, and to make certain our ships steer clear of the storm. The safety of our guests and crew is always our foremost concern. Since all tropical storms and hurricanes are inherently unpredictable, our plans may change from day to day based on the most current information. Please check this site often for the most up to date information.

Disney Fantasy – Saturday, August 31
At this time, based on the current predicted storm timing and path, we do not anticipate any changes to the Disney Fantasy sailing on Saturday, Aug. 31.

Disney Dream – Monday, September 2
Based on our most recent conversations with ports in Florida and to help our Guests better finalize their travel plans, we have decided to turn this cruise into a two-night sailing, with an expected departure from Port Canaveral on Wednesday, September 4, and an expected return to Port Canaveral on Friday, September 6.

At this time, we anticipate Disney Dream will visit Disney Castaway Cay on Thursday, September 5, dependent on whether it is impacted by Hurricane Dorian.

Guests that choose to continue with this sailing will receive a 50% refund of your voyage fare and a $250 onboard credit per stateroom.

Guests who do not want to sail on Wednesday must call us at 866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032 by noon on Sunday, September 1. Guests will then have until October 31, 2019 to choose a new sail date. They may change their reservation to a later date without incurring a change fee, though there may be a difference in price depending on the new sailing selected.

We will continue to monitor Hurricane Dorian and pass along any itinerary updates as they become available.

Correction: Disney Dream August 30th sailing was initially reported as 2020. This has been corrected to reflect 2019 with the correct weekdays.

5 thoughts on “Hurricane Dorian Forces Disney Dream to Alter Sailings

  1. Gabriel

    This is pretty much the identical itinerary that the Dream will be sailing in November 2020, her 2nd cruise after dry dock. She’ll also be sailing her inaugural 7 Night cruise that month as well, the first cruise after dry dock.

    This is obviously to avoid the hurricane, but for 2020 I assume Disney is ONLY doing those two itineraries so that they can remain off sync to the Disney Fantasy.

    Reply
  2. Doug

    Scott,
    Have you heard anything about Castaway Cay. It appears Dorian will be very close. Has the island been evacuated? Any news you can provide would be appreciated.

    Reply

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.