Disney Cruise Line recently added a selection of port adventures for guests to choose when Belfast, Northern Ireland aboard the Disney Magic in 2019. The Disney Magic is scheduled to make just one call to Belfast, the birthplace of the Titanic, this summer on September 11th during the 7-Night British Isles Cruise from Dover.
Belfast Harbour, the Gateway to Ireland, was established in 1847, operates as the principal maritime gateway on the island of Ireland. The harbour estate covers an area of 2,000 acres representing 20% of Belfast City area and is also Northern Ireland’s logistics and distribution hub and home to major businesses including Baker McKenzie, Harland & Wolff, Capita, CitiGroup and Bombardier.
The 400 year-old history of Belfast Harbour is inextricably linked with the development and progress of the City of Belfast. The Port’s history recognises the importance of the foresight and bold vision of previous generations of Trustees, Operators and Commissioners in creating today’s modern Port.
Below are brief summaries of each port adventure with links for more information on each.
- A Leisurely Drive Through Belfast (BF01)
Board a motorcoach for this scenic overview of Belfast from the comfort of your seat.
- Ards Peninsula And Grey Abbey Ruins (BF02)
Explore the rugged beauty of the Ards Peninsula, including a tour of Grey Abbey and a stop in the coastal town of Donaghadee.
- Belfast City And The Rademon Estate (BF03)
Discover the art of distillation on a visit to the historic Rademon Estate Distillery—makers of Shortcross Gin.
- Belfast Highlights And Hillsborough Castle (BF05)
Explore the architectural highlights of Belfast—then revel in a fun family-friendly tour inside Hillsborough Castle.
- Belfast Highlights And Hillsborough Castle – Adult Only Departure (BF06)
Explore the architectural highlights of Belfast—then journey to Hillsborough Castle for an inside tour.
- Belfast Highlights And Ulster Museum (BF07)
From “titanic” shipyards to comprehensive collections, Northern Ireland’s largest city brims with fascinating finds.
- Bushmills Distillery And The Giant’s Causeway (BF08)
Belfast’s culture and nature impress in a tour that features whiskey and a World Heritage site.
- Carrick A Rede Rope Bridge And The North Antrim Coast (BF09)
With a little bit of courage, you’ll be rewarded with spectacular North Antrim coastal views.
- Cave Hill Country Park And Belfast Highlights (BF10)
Explore the history, landmarks and culture of Belfast during an entertaining tour filled with incredible sights.
- City Drive And Titanic (BF11)
Explore the history, landmarks and culture of Belfast during this entertaining sightseeing tour.
- City Walk And Pub Visit (BF04)
Explore the heart of Belfast on this fun and informative walking tour through some of the city’s main sites.
- Discover Titanic For Families (BF12)
Take a deep dive into Belfast’s maritime heritage with a visit to a museum in the area where the RMS Titanic was built.
- Rhythm and Stories of Belfast (BF13)
Explore the history, landmarks and culture of Belfast through the music and dance of Northern Ireland.
- River Lagen Cycle Trail (BF14)
Cycle through historic Belfast, a nature preserve and the shipyards—including the birthplace of the Titanic.
- Scenic Coast and Glens (BF15)
Take in the rugged cliffs of the coast and the magical beauty of the Glens—some of the best scenery in Northern Ireland.
- Sparkling Afternoon Tea (BF16)
Tour the sites of Belfast before indulging in high tea at The Grand Central Hotel, a modern space with historic roots.
- Spectacular Antrim Coast and Giant’s Causeway (BF17)
Windswept beaches, cliffs and glens await on this family-friendly drive alongside Ireland’s fabled coast—includes lunch.
- Spectacular Antrim Coast and Giant’s Causeway – Adult Only Departure (BF18)
Windswept beaches, cliffs and glens await on this adult-exclusive drive alongside Ireland’s fabled coast—includes lunch.
- Streamvale Farm (BF19)
Explore farm life with family-friendly activities and animal encounters on a Belfast farm.
- The Designerie (BF20)
Explore some local artisan traditions of Belfast and Northern Ireland as you take part in a monoprinting workshop at The Designerie.
- Titanic Belfast and Crumlin Road Gaol (BF21)
Delight in a kid-friendly tour through C.S. Lewis Square, a Victorian-era prison and the Titanic Belfast museum—includes lunch.
- Titanic Belfast and Crumlin Road Gaol – Adult Only Departure (BF22)
Delight in this adult-exclusive tour through the Victorian-era prison of Crumlin Road Gaol and the Titanic Belfast museum—includes lunch.
- Traditional Irish Bread Making (BF23)
Learn how to make traditional Irish breads in a farmhouse on the shores of the inlet of Strangford Lough.
- Ulster Whiskey Walk (BF24)
Join a local whiskey expert for a guided tour of Belfast—including a tasting experience of Ireland’s favorite spirit.