Today, the Disney Parks Blog revealed some details for the fall Marvel Day at Sea cruise coming to the Disney Magic. According to the report, Peter Quill (Star-Lord), Gamora and Groot will be joining the cast of super heroes during the day long Marvel celebration setting sail in early October from New York during the following 7- and 8-Night Bahamian Cruises:
- October 6, 2017 – 8-Night Bahamian Cruise from New York
- October 14, 2017 – 7-Night Bahamian Cruise from New York
- October 21, 2017 – 7-Night Canadian Cruise from New York
- October 28, 2017 – 7-Night Bahamian Cruise from New York
- November 4, 2017 – 7-Night Bahamian Cruise from New York
- November 11, 2017 – 7-Night Bahamian Cruise from New York
- November 18, 2017 – 8-Night Bahamian Cruise from New York
The Marvel Day at Sea cruises will continue in early 2018 during the Disney Magic’s 5-Night Western Caribbean cruises from Port Miami.
- January 7, 2018 – 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami
- January 21, 2018 – 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami
- February 4, 2018 – 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise
- February 18, 2018 – 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami
- March 18, 2018 – 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami
- April 1, 2018 – 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami
- April 15, 2018 – 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami
- April 29, 2018 – 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami
In addition to the Guardians joining the sailings, there was a bit of news primarily for the adults. At the end of the day, Fathoms, the nightclub in the After Hours district will become a Ravager hideout giving guests the opportunity to mingle with the interstellar outlaws, an electrifying alien dance performance gets the fun started, amping up the energy before a few of your favorite Guardians join the party. As the night continues, you may even get to see the dance-loving Star-Lord get his groove on.
Disney previously announced other special photo ops with the debut of Black Panther, Loki, and Iron Man in addition to with already appearing Avengers, Captain America, Thor, and Spider-Man.
DCL is summarizing the Marvel Day at Sea as a Super Celebration. Unleash the hero within—and experience the thrills of the Marvel Universe—during an action-packed extravaganza where family fun rules. Join some of your favorite Marvel Super Heroes (and villains) from The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy—as well as Spider-Man—for one epic day filled with one-of-a-kind entertainment, unforgettable meet-and-greets and special offerings you won’t find anywhere else.
According to DCL’s Marvel Day at Sea page, you’ll enjoy (subject to change without notice):
- A spectacular deck party, featuring dancing, fireworks and the largest collection of Marvel Super Heroes and villains ever assembled on a cruise ship
- Thrilling photo ops with some of your favorite heroes, including Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and Spider-Man – plus, the debut of Black Panther and Loki as part of a Disney vacation experience
- A new, immersive show featuring Doctor Strange, who will demonstrate the power of the mystic arts and enlist Guests in an epic battle against the Dark Dimension
- The newest Marvel Studios blockbuster inside the Walt Disney Theatre—plus a Marvel movie marathon featuring past hits
- Open-air, Funnel Vision screenings of the latest Marvel TV animated series
- A fan-filled costume celebration in the ship’s Atrium
- Extraordinary games and activities at Disney’s Oceaneer Club and throughout the ship
- Surprise Super Hero and Super Villain appearances throughout the ship
- Amazing themed food and beverages
- Exclusive merchandise and collectibles
Are you booked on a Marvel Day at Sea cruise? What are you hoping to experience?
I’m getting more and more excited for my November 18 cruise! I hope it turns out as cool as it sounds. It’s being hyped an awful lot.
Sadly, my daughter & I only know of the basic characters i.e. Spider-Man, Captain America. Any recommendations for how to get started learning all these so we will know them when we see them on board? What movies do we need to watch? TIA!
Hi Jenniffer! I would watch the avengers movies 1 and 2 at minimum and the guardians of the galaxy next. If you have more time the iron man movies are great too. Then finish up with doctor strange.
Thank you! 😊
I also suggest you watch the Captain America movies.
Who the heck is Groom? lol
Until just now, that was the auto correction for Groot.
Great news, a small autocorrect moment, I think you mean “Groot”. My 10 yr olds favourite character of all time.
This is what I get for not doing a straight copy/paste from the parks blog article.
We had to delay our New York cruise until Thanksgiving of 2018 and I am really hoping that they bring the Marvel Day at Sea to those sailings as well! Sounds like a ton of fun and after how well they did with the Star Wars Day at Sea I would love to see it!