Disney Cruise Line announced the return of Star Wars Day at Sea in 2017 aboard the Disney Fantasy. Along with the 7-Night Western Caribbean cruise, the day-long Star Wars celebration will now be included on the 7-Night Eastern Caribbean sailings. Additionally, the Western Caribbean itinerary will include another port of call, Falmouth, Jamaica. During the 2016 sailings, Falmouth was replaced with an additional day at sea. In 2017, the number of sailings will more than double with a total of 15 Star Wars Day at Sea sailings on the Disney Fantasy.
Star Wars Day at Sea will be on Disney Fantasy seven-night cruises sailing from Port Canaveral
- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral with Star Wars Day At Sea
Port Canaveral • At Sea • At Sea • Tortola • St. Thomas (St. John) • At Sea • Castaway Cay
1/14/17, 1/28/17, 2/11/17, 2/25/17, 3/11/17, 3/25/17, 4/8/17*
- 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral with Star Wars Day At Sea
Port Canaveral • At Sea • Cozumel • Grand Cayman • Falmouth • At Sea • Castaway Cay
1/7/17, 1/21/17, 2/4/17, 2/18/17, 3/4/17, 3/18/17, 4/1/17, 4/15/17* (Easter Cruise)
Each sailing will feature a full day of dark side and light side fun, including official appearances of Star Wars characters, a deck party and fireworks, Star Wars-themed family and youth activities, at-sea screenings of Star Wars films, unique food and beverage offerings, and special merchandise.
Throughout the day, Star Wars Younglings, Padawans and Jedi Masters alike can enjoy the immersive, intergalactic entertainment, including:
Force-filled Fun for Everyone
- Characters from across the Star Wars galaxy are onboard for interactions, photos and also may be seen patrolling the decks.
- Kids and families enjoy friendly competition during Star Wars trivia games, putting their knowledge of the film and television sagas to the test.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their costumes and participate in the costume celebration held in the ship’s atrium.
Younglings Use Their Power
- In “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple,” Force-sensitive children learn the ways of the Jedi and use their new-found skills in a final face off with Darth Vader.
- Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games and activities are offered throughout the day in Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab youth clubs.
Star Wars Deck Party and Fireworks
- An exciting evening blasts off with a deck party filled with music, a galactic dance party and the arrival of Star Wars characters on the deck stage.
- The grand finale is a spectacular display of pyrotechnics, lighting and sound effects set to a medley of Star Wars
Merchandise, Food and Beverage
- Event merchandise exclusive to Star Wars Day at Sea is available on each sailing, including a range of collectible items, apparel and trading pins.
- Specialty Star Wars-themed beverages, including non-alcoholic offerings, as well as snacks, dinner menu items and desserts, please the palates of everyone from Padawans to rebel pilots to Tusken Raiders.
- Guests can watch “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” the first in a new series of standalone Star Wars films, to be released on Dec. 16, 2016, as well as all seven films in the Star Wars
“Our guests keep telling us that Star Wars Day at Sea is an experience they’ll never forget, that it’s a thrill of intergalactic proportions,” said Karl L. Holz, president of Disney Cruise Line. “In response to guest demand, we’re pleased to create even more Star Wars memories aboard the Disney Fantasy in 2017 with an expanded schedule of these special sailings. Clearly, the Force is alive and well on the high seas!”
Are you going to book one of these Star Wars Day at Sea cruises? For those who experienced the 2016 version, do you echo Holz’s statement? Will you book again?