The Spring 2014 Annual Passholder Mickey Monitor arrived with teasers for events happening now through May 2014 at Walt Disney World. I did not find any Disney Cruise Line mentions in this issue, but if you are planning a stay on property before, or after your next Disney Cruise you may find some of the information useful. The biggest event this Spring in terms of scale is the EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival. This is one of my favorite times of the year to walk around EPCOT Center.
- Atlanta Braves Spring Training – February 26 – March 26, 2014 at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Walt Disney World Pro Soccer Classic – February 19, 22, 26 and March 1, 2014 at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Might St Patrick’s Festival – March 7 – 17, 2014 at Downtown Disney
- Muppets Most Wanted – Premiers March 21, 2014 at AMC Downtown Disney 24
- Ink & Paint Cel Event – March 15, 2014 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Animation Gallery
- EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival – March 5 – May 18, 2014 at EPCOT
- Star Wars Weekends – May 16 – June 8, 2014 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival
If you are spending a few days at Walt Disney World before or after a Disney Cruise between March 5th and May 18th, I highly suggest taking some time to explore the topiaries around EPCOT. There are so many Disney character topiaries to see and fun actives for the children such as trying to spot all the species in Tinker Bell’s Butterfly House.
The moment you reach the entrance you will be taken in by a massive topiary display in front of Spaceship Earth. In 2012, the entrance was inspired by Fantasia’s Sorcerers Apprentice featuring Sorcerer Mickey!
In 2013, Showcase Plaza between Future World and World Showcase featured Mike and Sulley in front of the Monsters University Gate.
In previous years, Jose Carioca, the name sake for the new restaurant on the Disney Magic was on display near the Mexico Pavilion.
Last year, Lady & the Tramp were resting outside the Italy Pavilion waiting for some scraps from Via Napoli
This year’s play area will be themed to Disney•Pixar’s Cars which if it is anything like previous years will keep our daughter entertained for hours. Last year’s Oz themed play area had some nicely shaded area with adirondack chairs for the adults to sit back and relax.
Ok, Ok… Arguably, the biggest Spring event is Star Wars Weekends, but I was focusing on EPCOT as it runs continuoulsy.