Disney Cruise Line continues to raise the bar with extra onboard activities, decorations, unique menu items, and deck parties planned to celebrate Halloween this fall on select sailings. This year, guests sailing on the Disney Dream will be in for an extra-spooky celebration, Halloween on the High Seas. That is right; this will be exclusive to the Disney Dream.
Halloween on the High Seas promises to be filled with a frightening batch of goodies ranging from Halloween-themed parties to a Halloween Tree that transforms throughout the cruise and a signature meet and greet with the Pumpkin King! Additional special experiences exclusive to the Disney Dream will include:
- A Nightmare Before Christmas—Sing and Scream, an interactive movie experience where guests are part of the action, followed by a meet-and-greet with Jack Skellington and Sally.
- Mickey’s Calling All The Monsters Mouse-Querade Deck Party, a celebration in addition to Pirate Night with games, dancing and some Disney characters in Halloween attire.
- Haunted Stories of the Sea with a mysterious sea captain storyteller.
- Creepy Cabaret with performances by ghostly musicians and a Villainous Takeover on the dance floor in the adult nighttime district.
- More spooky fun on the Disney Dream includes mask-making, pumpkin-carving and a Disney villain takeover of the ship announcements!
While the Disney Dream has a signature event planned, the rest of the fleet has frightfully good times planned with treats, tricks, magical mischief and spooky surroundings.
- Haunted Parties: Beloved Disney characters, wearing special Halloween costumes just for the occasion, will join guests for a fun-filled Halloween costume party – Disney Cruise Line style – complete with live music, dancing and lots of candy! For adults, the nighttime entertainment district on the Disney ships becomes the ghoulish setting for a costume contest and party sure to bring chills to everyone.
- Spooky Movies: To get guests into the spirit of the season, Halloween-themed movies will be shown in Buena Vista Theatre, on Funnel Vision by the family pool and in guest staterooms.
- Ghoulish Delights: Disney Cruise Line chefs have conjured some very special treats for Halloween, including chocolate cake with pumpkin filling, spider cakes and “Witch’s Brew.”
Jack Skellington & Sally Meet and Greet
Disney Dream from Port Canaveral, FL
NOTE: According to Disney Cruise Line’s release, the September 29th sailing will not include the Halloween celebration.
- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise on Disney Dream Itinerary A
Port Canaveral, FL • Nassau • Disney’s Castaway Cay
9/26/2013, 10/3/2013, 10/10/2013, 10/17/2013, 10/24/2013, 10/31/2013
- 4-Night Bahamian Cruise on Disney Dream – Itinerary
Port Canaveral, FL • Nassau • Disney’s Castaway Cay • At Sea
9/22/2013, 10/6/2013, 10/20/2013
- 4-Night Bahamian Cruise on Disney Dream – Itinerary C
Port Canaveral, FL • At Sea • Nassau • Disney’s Castaway Cay
Disney Fantasy from Port Canaveral, FL
- 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy – Itinerary B
Port Canaveral, FL • At Sea • Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands • Costa Maya, Mexico • Cozumel, Mexico • At Sea • Disney’s Castaway Cay
9/28/2013, 10/12/2013, 10/26/2013
- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy – Itinerary A
Port Canaveral, FL • At Sea • At Sea • St. Maarten • St. Thomas (w. St. John excursions) • At Sea • Disney’s Castaway Cay
Disney Wonder from Galveston, TX
- 7-Night Bahamian Cruise on Disney Wonder – Itinerary A
Galveston, TX • At Sea • Key West, FL • Disney’s Castaway Cay • Nassau • At Sea • At Sea
9/28/2013, 10/12/2013, 10/26/2013
- 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Wonder – Itinerary
Galveston, TX • At Sea • At Sea • Falmouth, Jamaica • Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands • Cozumel, Mexico • At Sea
Disney Magic from Miami, FL
- 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Magic – Itinerary A
Miami, FL • At Sea • Cozumel, Mexico • At Sea • Disney’s Castaway Cay
At first glance, it may seem like the Disney Magic is being neglected, with only one Halloween sailing. However, it is important to remember she will just be returning from a massive overhaul. The Disney Magic is being reimagined following her Mediterranean sailings. With work likely to be continuing during her Transatlantic crossing, it is to be expected that the full gamut of Halloween festivities is left for 2014. Besides, with all the new features to see and experience, who will have time to partake in all the Halloween fun?
UPDATE August 1, 2013
Disney Cruise Line sent the following email to guests booked on one of the Halloween sailings aboard the Disney Fantasy, Disney Wonder and Disney Magic.
August 01, 2013
Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line vacation. We look forward to sailing with you and want to take this opportunity to share with you some important information as you prepare to pack for your vacation. You’ll want to make room for your costume, because this year we’ve extended our Halloween offerings to include activities on your sailing.
We’ll be celebrating Halloween on our ships this year with several themed events, including a costume contest for our adult Guests and a special costume parade for children on the sail dates listed below:Disney Fantasy
September 21 September 28 October 5 October 12 October 19 October 26
September 28 October 5 October 12 October 19 October 26
Though not required, we encourage Guests of all ages to bring along their costumes and join in our special Halloween celebration. On the evening of our party, children will receive candy treat bags in their staterooms that they can bring along to the party to collect even more treats. Prizes will be awarded to our adult costume contest participants based on the following categories:
- Best Group
- Most Disney
- Most Spooky
- Most Original
More information on themed nights, times and locations will be available onboard in the Personal Navigator that will be delivered to your stateroom.
Please remember that while all Guests are invited to wear costumes, we ask that you choose costumes that are not obstructive or offensive. To avoid any disappointment or delay in the boarding process, we ask that when considering costume options you refrain from bringing toys or props that resemble guns, knives or other related implements, as these items will not be allowed onboard.
Again, we look forward to sailing with you and hope you have a magical cruise.
The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line