The Beverage Policy
There are many places onboard a Disney ship for an adult to order a drink. While the ship may sail to ports where the drinking age is under 21, the drinking age on a Disney Cruise Line ship is 21; what is done while in port is another story. Just don’t be stupid — laws are much different in the ports than at home. It is also worth noting that there is an exeption to the drinking age for roundtrip sailings departing a European port. On these sailings, guests 18 and over may purchase alcohol while in their presence onboard providing that a beverage consent form was completed during check-in.
Disney Cruise Line is very gracious and permits guests to bring a limited amount of wine, champagne or beer onboard at embarkation. On other cruise lines, they will confiscate your beverages and return them at debarkation. This privilege does come with a few rules. First, all alcohol must be carried on with you at embarkation. Any beverages found in checked luggage will be removed, stored, and returned at the end of the cruise. The main reason for this is that the glass bottles can break and ruin not only your clothes, but other guests’ luggage. No one wants to start their cruise doing laundry when they could be enjoying the Sail Away Deck Party, or worse, miss dinner. The other rule is that any alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public areas. The exception to this rule allows for bottles of wine to be taken to dinner for a
$20 $25 corking fee. Any liquor purchased in port may be brought onboard and consumed in your stateroom. However, any alcohol purchased onboard from the ship’s duty free store (see below for a price list) will be held until the last night of your cruise.
Under the new guest alcohol policy, any liquor purchased in port will be checked when returning to the ship and will be available for pickup near the gangway on debarkation day. This is also the procedure for duty free liquor purchases from WhiteCaps.
Whomever said that there is no such thing is a free drink is wrong. Well, technically, they are right, but I’m not going to get into that discussion. Complimentary drinks are available during Castaway Club Reception, and the Captain’s cocktail party, usually held on formal night in the Atrium Lobby.
Drink of the Day
Each day you can find the featured Drink of the Day on your Personal Navigator. As of January 2017, the drinks are $4.75 plus tax and 15% gratuity, which make them $5.46. The non-alcholoic drinks of the day are $4.25 plus tax making them $4.89.Some examples are listed below:
- Bahama Mama
- Bay Breeze
- Caribbean Dream
- Castaway Cay Breeze
- Cool Breeze
- High Tide
- Key Lime Margarita
- Mai Tai
- Malibu Bay Breeze
- Orange Cruiser
- Paradise Cocktail
- Paradise Punch
- Pineapple Mojito
- Rum Runner
- Sunken Treasure
- Yellow Bird
- Banana Lime Ginger Smoothie
- Coco Bali
- Coco Mango
- Cranberry NO-Jito
- Espresso Chiller
- Lava Smoothie
- Mango Crush
- Mango Smoothie
- Mint Tea Punch
- Parrot Song
- Passion Cream Freeze
- Piña Coca Lada
- Pirate Surprise
- Princess Delight
- Purple Basil Lemonade
- Virgin Mojito
For a larger list, check out our Drink of the Day page which includes recipes for some of the specialty drinks.
From time to time, there will be unadvertised drink specials. For example, one afternoon while relaxing on the pool deck, my wife ordered the Drink of the Day. The waitress mentioned there was a current special for 2 for 1 Mai Tais for $5.50 (around $6.50 with tax and gratuity), so she got those instead. On Castaway Cay, there is an announced 2 for 1 special around 2 PM or later. This past June (2012), the offer began at 2:15 PM and lasted for an hour. The best part was this was valid for any drink! This is a great deal if you get the Drink of the Day – two drinks for
$3.95 $4.50 (plus 15% gratuity of course)!!
The Beer Mug
For $16.95 you can buy a 22 oz. Disney Cruise Line, glass beer mug with the beer of your choice. For the remainder of your cruise, you can have it refilled for the price of a 16 oz! The bars will exchange the mug for a beer mug token when you are finished to take the weight and responsibility of the the glass mug off your hands until you are ready for a refill. It is also nice at the end of your cruise to exchange for a clean mug to pack in your luggage.
Various draft beer is available (availability seems to vary) at various locations including O’Gills and Currents up on the pool deck.
- Stella Artois
- Kona Brewing Company – Longboard Island Lager
- Widmer Brewers – Drifter Pale Ale
Wine and Dine Packages
At the beginning of your cruise, you will have the opportunity to buy a wine package to accompany your dinner.
Choose from one of the Wine Packages below for a savings of up to 25%
Classic / Premium Packages
- 3-Night Package
- 4-Night Package
- 5-Night Package
- 7-Night Package
Click here to read more about the available packages.
There are an assortment of mixers available for free. Up on the pool deck or in Cabanas you can fill can get various Coke products.
- Diet Coke
- Coke Zero
- Water (NOT soda water)
- HiC Fruit Punch
- HiC Pink Lemonade
- Fuse Ice Tea (Replaced Nestea)
- Sprite Zero
Coffee and hot water are also available on the pool deck with plain milk and half and half. Cabanas, only when serving food, offers Minute Maid brand Orange, Apple and Cranberry Juice.
Skyline on the Disney Fantasy offers a passport card for $59. The Skyline Passport card entitles you to seven hand-crafted martinis, themed to each to the cities of the seven rotating European skylines. Breaking this down, you will get seven martinis for the price of six.
Onboard Duty Free Shopping
This list will give you an idea of prices Disney charges onboard. You may not be able to drink your onboard purchases until after the cruise.. Keep in mind that prices and availability could change without notice and usually do depending on what ship you are on and what they have in stock.
Latest price list: Whitecaps Duty Free Price List (September 2016)
The Bar Menus
The menus below represent a snapshot in time, 2012 to be exact. For a recent list of drink menus please refer to our menu page.
Castaway Cay Bar Menu
- Castaway Cay Signature Drink
A refreshing blend of white and dark rum, coconut cream, passion fruit, orange and pineapple juices
- Tropical Depression
Vodka, Rum, Gin, Blue Curacao, Lemon Mix, Sprite and Grenadine
- Java Juice
Coconut Rum, pineapple juice, coconut cream and cappuccino
- Castaway Freeze
Bacardi Rum, fresh strawberries and bananas
Server’s Tray Drink Menu
General Drink Menu
Here is the general drink menu with prices, I found the menu below on a table in a sitting area of the Atrium lobby on Disney Fantasy.
- Pomegranate Cosmo $8.50 Grey Goose Vodka, Pomegranate, Cointreau, Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice, Cranberry Juice
- Citron Martini $8.50 Absolut Citron, Triple Sec with a splash of Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Godiva Chocolate Martini $8.50Absolut Vanilla, Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, White Crème de Cacao, Frangelico
- Eco-Tini $9.50 VeeV Açaí Liqqueur, Triple Sec, Agave Nectar, Ginger, Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice Served with a souvenir Açaí Seed Bracelet
- Melon Vine $5.75 Bacardi Melon Rum, Sauvignon Blanc, Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice topped with Pineapple Juice
- Captain’s Mai Tai $5.75 Captain Morgan Original Spice Rum, Tropical Juices topped with a float of Myers’s Original Dark Rum
- Strawberry, Peach, Orange $5.75
- Patrón Silver $8.25
- 901 Tequila $9.75
- Patrón Añejo $10.75
Bacardi Rum with Freshly Muddled Lime, Mint topped with Soda Water $7.50
Leblon Cacaca with Freshly Muddle Lime and White Sugar $7.50
- Budweiser $4.25/4.95
- Miller Lite $4.25
- Heineken $5.25
- Corona $5.25
- Guinness Stout $4.95
- Bud Light $4.25/4.95
- Blue Moon $4.25
- Corona Light $5.25
- Amstel Light $5.25
- Draught Selection Also Available (Ask your server/bartender for your selection)
Sparkling / Champagne
- Enchanted Rosé Piedmont, Italy $5.75
- Iron Horse Brut Celebration Fairy Tale Cuvée, Sonoma $11.00
- Taittinger Brut La Francaise Reims, France $14.50
- Moscato Allegro California, USA $6.50
- Pinot Grigio, Italy $5.75
- Ferrari-Carano Fume Blanc Sonoma County, USA $9.50
- Captain’s Choice Chardonnay Santa Barbara County, USA $7.50
- Robert Mondavi Merlot Private Selection California, USA $7.25
- Bogle Vineyards Pinot Noir California, USA $7.50
- Kendall Jackson Cabernet Sauvignon Vintner’s Reserve California, USA $8.00
- Captain’s Choice Cabernet Sauvignon California, USA $8.25
Additional wines available by the bottle
- Dewar’s White Label $5.75
- Johnnie Walker Black $8.25
- Chivas Regal $8.25
- Johnnie Walker Blue $35.00
- Glenfiddich $7.25
- Glenmorangie $8.25
- Macallan Select Oak $7.25
- Macallan Whiskey Maker’s Edition $10.50
- Macallan Estate Reserve $59.00
- Rémy Martin VSOP $7.25
- Rémy Martin XO $9.75
- Hennessy Paradise $42.00
- Courvoisier VSOP $7.25
- Courvoisier XO $9.75
- Rémy Martin Louis XIII1 oz. $105, 1 ½ oz. $165, 2 oz. $200
For All Ages
- Passion Cream Freeze $3.95 Orange Passion Fruit Juice, Vanilla Ice Cream, Grenadine
- Parrot Song $3.95 Fresh sliced Banana, Coconut Cream, Pineapple Juice
- Cocktails $6.25 served in souvenir cup with a glowing character
Please note the prices are subject to change. As a result the prices listed in this article represent a snapshot in time.