Today, Disney Cruise Line informed guests booked on the Disney Fantasy’s March 12, 2022 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral the scheduled call in Grand Cayman on March 15th will be replaced by a day at sea due to the continued closure of cruise port in Grand Cayman.
The Disney Fantasy’s revised itinerary is as follows:
- Saturday March 12, 2022 – Port Canaveral, Florida
- Sunday March 13, 2022 – At Sea
- Monday March 14, 2022 – Cozumel, Mexico
- Tuesday March 15, 2022 – At Sea
- Wednesday March 16, 2022 – Falmouth, Jamaica
- Thursday March 17, 2022 – At Sea
- Friday March 18, 2022 – Castaway Cay
Saturday March 19, 2022 – Port Canaveral, Florida (Debarkation)
In December 2021, Acting Minister for Tourism Hon. Dwayne Seymour recently stated that “we look forward to welcoming cruise tourism business in 2022 when it is safer to do so.” In late January 2022, the Cayman Islands Government approved the extension of the temporary ban on cruise ships through February 28, 2022. Government officials and cruise line executive have been discussing safety protocols for the resumption of cruise calls in Grand Cayman. On Friday, February 25, 2022, the Cayman Islands issued a press release indicating they government intends to restart cruise tourism in Grand Cayman as early as March 21, 2022 in a phased approach which included the government selecting which cruise ship calls are permitted as they are limiting to passenger counts to 40% of the typical volume. This is not a ship capacity limit placed on the cruise line. It is a limit on the number of passengers total across the ships that call on the island during a defined period of time.
There are still a few scheduled calls to Grand Cayman in March which at this time are on track if the ban is lifted. The dates shown below are the schedule port day in Grand Cayman, not the sail date.
- Disney Magic | Monday March 21, 2022 – 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami
- Disney Fantasy | Tuesday March 29, 2022 – 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral
At this time, the sailings listed above remain unaltered with the advertised calls in the Cayman Islands as of this publication over on Disney Cruise Line’s website.