Today, Disney Cruise Line announced the restart date of September 11, 2021 for the Disney Fantasy following a successful CDC Simulation cruise last week. As Disney Cruise Line continues to resume sailings in a gradual, phased approach, it is necessary for Disney to cancel the September 4, 2021, Disney Fantasy sailing. Guests who have paid their reservation in full have been offered the choice of a cruise credit to be used for a future sailing or a full refund. Guests who have not paid their reservations in full will automatically receive a refund of what they have paid so far. Affected Guests and travel agents will receive an email from Disney Cruise Line outlining details and next steps.
The Disney Fantasy will resume sailing beginning September 11, 2021, with 4-night cruises from Port Canaveral, Florida. These 4-night sailings will be available to book beginning August 25, 2021. During this initial phase, the Disney Fantasy will only visit Disney Castaway Cay, our private island in The Bahamas.
Guests currently booked on the following 7-night Disney Fantasy voyages will have their reservations automatically transitioned to the new four-night itineraries, which will have the same departure dates:
- Saturday September 11, 2021 🎃 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral
- Saturday September 18, 2021 🎃 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral
- Saturday September 25, 2021 🎃 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral
- Saturday October 2, 2021 🎃 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral
These Guests will be refunded the difference in cost of the voyage fare, taxes, fees, and port expenses, and Vacation Protection Plan, if applicable. Guests that remain on their original sail date will receive a $400 non-refundable onboard credit per stateroom that can be used toward onboard purchases. These Guests will also receive a 25% discount that can be applied to most future sailings taken by September 30, 2022. This discount will be available once Guests return from their 4-night sailing. Guests may also choose to cancel their reservation and receive a full refund.
Impacted Guests and travel agents will receive an email from Disney Cruise Line outlining details and next steps. Guests who’ve booked their reservation through a travel agent should contact them directly with any questions. Those who have booked directly with Disney Cruise Line, and have questions after receiving their email, should call (866) 325-6685 or (407) 566-7797.
Revised Disney Fantasy Sailings for September 2021
- Saturday September 11, 2021 🎃 4-night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral (2-stops at Castaway Cay)
- Saturday September 18, 2021 🎃 4-night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral (2-stops at Castaway Cay)
- Saturday September 25, 2021 🎃 4-night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral (2-stops at Castaway Cay)
- Saturday October 2, 2021 🎃 4-night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral (2-stops at Castaway Cay)
UPDATE: 8/25/2021 – The itinerary port order for revised sailings was confirmed as well as confirming the voyages will be Halloween on the High Seas themed.
Disney Fantasy Restart September/October 2021 Opening Day Prices
Port Canaveral, Florida
4-night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral (2-stops at Castaway Cay)
Port Canaveral, Florida • At Sea • Castaway Cay • Castaway Cay
|September 11, 2021 🎃||1772||1876||2164||4124|
|September 18, 2021 🎃||—||2020||2172||5764|
|September 25, 2021 🎃||—||1884||2164||4124|
|October 2, 2021 🎃||2166||2182||2342||4622|
At this time, the 3-night gaps on September 15th, September 22nd, September 29th, and October 6th are non-sail dates, but it is plausible these could be added as 3-night sailings.
Disney Cruise Line hopes to resume 7-night voyages or longer onboard the Disney Fantasy in October and looks forward to sharing more information with Guests soon. The next bookable 7-night Caribbean cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy is October 9th and is a Western Caribbean itinerary.
Additionally, for longer sailings, there will be new debarkation day COVID-19 testing.
- All Guests (both adults and children of every age) on 5-night or longer sailings are required to undergo a rapid PCR test for COVID-19, to be administered by Inspire Diagnostics on the ship, prior to debarking the ship.
- A $65 test fee will be charged to the folio of all Guests 12 years and older.
- More information about debarkation day COVID-19 testing on sailings of 5 nights or longer will be available shortly.
- However, Guests booked on 5-night or longer sailings who choose to provide proof of vaccination will not be required to take a COVID-19 test before debarkation.
Disney Cruise Line’s focus remains on operating the ships in a responsible way that continues to create magic for all on board. Disney’s gradual, phased approach to sailing emphasizes multiple layers of health and safety measures, developed in consideration of guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other medical experts. Learn more about what to expect—including experience updates and details about our multi-layered approach to health and safety.