Along with today’s Disney Dream restart announcement and publication of safety protocols, Disney Cruise Line updated its Flexible Refund Policy and revealed a specific cancellation policy for the Disney Dream.
Flexible Refund Policy
The latest Flexible Refund Policy as published on Disney Cruise Line’s Book with Confidence page reads as follows:
Within 14 days of the sailing, booked Guests with COVID-19-related health concerns (symptoms or exposure) can receive a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees or apply their cruise fare toward a future sail date.
- Within 14 days prior to embarkation, Guests who experience one or more of the qualifying scenarios may change their sail date, under the following terms:
- Guests who wish to change their sail date must move the sail date to a future sailing that commences prior to September 30, 2022.
- Onboard Offer Blockout Dates apply
- Future cruise credits cannot be applied to the Disney Wish maiden voyage, setting sail on June 9, 2022.
- Guests cannot change their reservation back to the original sail date after taking advantage of this policy.
- Qualifying scenarios include Guests who:
- Have symptoms of COVID-19
- Have a temperature of 100.4°F or greater
- Have had known exposure to a person with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days
- Have tested positive for COVID-19
- Guests who do not wish to select a new sail date will be provided a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees in their original form of payment.
- Guests who experience one or more of the qualifying scenarios on the day of Embarkation will be denied boarding. Guests who are denied boarding will receive a Denied Boarding Voucher for the full amount of their sailing or a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees.
- Once on board, Guests who are subject to mandatory quarantine or who test positive for COVID-19 will receive a pro-rated voucher for a future cruise or a pro-rated refund.
Limited Time Disney Dream Special Cancelation Policy
As the new safety protocols for the Disney Dream’s restart were revealed, Disney Cruise Line is offering guests booked on the Disney Dream for sailings through March 28, 2022 the ability to modify their sail date or cancel their sailing and receive a full refund back to the original form of payment by Augusts 6, 2021. On August 7th, the special limited policy will revert back to the standard cancellation policy.