The Disney Magic is currently crossing the Atlantic Ocean on a 10-night Westbound Transatlantic cruise which left Dover on September 15th. Earlier today, passengers received an itinerary update from Commodore Tom as a result of Hurricane Humberto.
In order to stay a safe distance from the hurricane and provide a smoother sailing, the Disney Magic will sail south. As a result, the scheduled stops in Sydney and Halifax on Sunday and Monday have been changed to sea days and the Magic will now arrive in New York on Tuesday morning.
Tuesday in New York will be treated as a port of call allowing guests to spend the day and evening ashore. Pre-reserved Port Adventures in Sydney and Halifax have been removed from guests’ accounts. Passengers are encouraged to visit the onboard Port Adventure desk for information on New York excursions.
The revised 2019 10-night Westbound Transatlantic cruise is as follows:
- Sunday September 15, 2019 – Dover
- Monday September 16, 2019 – Portland, England
- Tuesday September 17, 2019 – Ringaskiddy (Cork)
- Wednesday September 18, 2019 – At Sea
- Thursday September 19, 2019 – At Sea
- Friday September 20, 2019 – At Sea
- Saturday September 21, 2019 – At Sea
- Sunday September 22, 2019 – At Sea (previously Sydney)
- Monday September 23, 2019 – At Sea (previously Halifax)
- Tuesday September 24, 2019 – New York (previously at sea)
Wednesday September 25, 2019 – New York (Debarkation)
Below is a copy of the letter (PDF) distributed to passengers currently sailing on the Disney Magic. Thanks to Tammy Smittenaar for sharing.
We will continue to monitor this tropical system and share any updates from Disney Cruise Line as they become available.