Disney Cruise Line recently added a selection of port adventures for guests to choose when sailing to Ponta Delgada (Azores), Portugal aboard the Disney Magic in 2016. The Disney Magic is scheduled to make just one visit, on August 12th, to Palma the summer, during her 11-Night Transatlantic Cruise from Barcelona.
Below are brief summaries of each port adventure with links for more information on each.
- 4X4 Fogo Lake and Tea Factory (PD07)
Enjoy an exhilarating ride up a mountain side followed by a lesson in how tea is made on a local plantation.
- Best of West with Wine and Cheese (PD08)
Discover quaint island villages, admire sweeping volcanic views and sample the region’s best wines and cheeses.
- Canyoning in the Azores (PD09)
Test your skills while rappeling rocks and climbing fantastic formations in the amazing Azores canyon.
- Fogo Lake, Ribeira Grande and Pineapple Plantation (PD06)
Enjoy stunning views from Barrosa Mountain before visiting a charming Portuguese village.
- Furnas and Cozido das Caldeiras (PD03)
Visit a charming town on an active volcanic and enjoy lunch cooked via volcanic vapors.
- Furnas Hot Springs and Botanical Garden (PD04)
Stroll through this marvelous garden filled with surprises at every turn, including views of a volcano’s crater.
- Highlights of Ribeira Grande (PD05)
Travel up and down the winding mountain roads as you stop at multiple viewpoints to take in the amazing scenery.
- Sete Cidades Biking and Kayaking (PD02)
Take a self-guided bike tour around a charming village and then jump in a kayak and enjoy the views from the water.
- Sete Cidades Lake Vistas, Botanical Garden and Pineapple Plantation (PD01)
Enjoy views unlike anywhere else, looking out over the amazing lakes and scenery created by volcanic craters.
- Swimming with Dolphins in the Azores (PD11)
Dip into the deep blue waters of the North Atlantic Ocean and frolic with dolphins in their natural habitat.
2016 & 2017 Sailings Featuring Ponta Delgada, Portugal
- 11-Night Transatlantic Cruise from Barcelona (September 2016)
Barcelona • At Sea • At Sea • At Sea • Ponta Delgada, Portugal • At Sea • At Sea • At Sea • Sydney, Nova Scotia • Halifax, Nova Scotia • At Sea
- 15-Night Eastbound Transatlantic from Port Canaveral (May 2017)
Port Canaveral • At Sea • At Sea • At Sea • At Sea • At Sea • At Sea • Ponta Delgada, Portugal • At Sea • At Sea • Portland, England • Dover • Amsterdam • At Sea • Copenhagen