Disney Cruise Line’s Palo Dinner Menu has been refreshed for 2016 with some significant changes. First I’d like to thank the Disney Hipsters and Nancy Powell for sending me photos of the new menu they discovered in mid-January aboard the Disney Fantasy.
Esperienza del Vino ($59 per person extra)
Right off the bat, you will notice a brand new Palo Wine Experience and for the first time in forever, DCL did not increase the price. The Esperienca del Vino remains a $59 per person uncharge in addition to the regular price of Palo Dinner which is now $30 until Disney ups it another five bucks. Oh, don’t forget the $59 does not include gratuity for the Sommelier.
- Coppa, Favas and Pecorino | Canella Bellini
- Gnocchi Cep Mushrooms, Rosemary | Cuvée Bellavista Franciacorta Brut ’13
- White Asparagus, Smoked Anchovies, Quail Egg, Truffle | Elena Walch Gewürztraminer ‘ 12
- Chilean Sea Bass, Spinach, Buckwheat, Lemon | La Scolca Gavi dei Gavi Black Label ’11
- 25 Day Dry-aged Sirloin, Arugula, Balsamic | Tignanello Marchesi Antinori ’12
- Rhubarb Mascarpone, Grappa | Grappa Alexander Platinum
Antipasti, Insalantine & Zuppa
For the most part, the Antipasti, Insalatine & Zuppa portion of the menu remains fairly the same aside from some modifications to dishes previously offered. However, the Sicilian Pesto Marinated Grilled Shrimp been removed.
- Tomato Mozzarella Caprese | Sliced Beefsteak Tomatoes with Buffalo Mozzarella, Basil, Virgin Olive Oil and Arugula Leaves
- Fresh Arugula Salad | with choice of Palo’s Dressings
- Soft Potato Gnocchi | Tossed in Piennolo Tomato Sauce, garnished with Kale and caramelized Grape Tomatoes
- Fritto di Calamari e Gamberi | Deep-fried Shrimp and Calamari with Lemon-Garlic Mayonnaise and Marinara dippings
- Ciuppin Soup | Mussels, Shrimp, Calamari, Red Mullet and Monkfish poached in a Garlic Basil, White Wine Tomato Broth
- Tuscan White Bean Soup | Cannellini Beans with Pancetta and Kale simmered in Chicken Stock
The Pasta section section see the removal of Risotto di Mare and Chianti Braised Beef Ravioli “en bordo”. In their place DCL added Caramelle di vitello and Butternut Agnolotti.
- Caramelle di vitello | Pasta stuffed with Milk braised Veal, Pancetta and Porcini Mushrooms
- Butternut Agnolotti | with Sage-brown Butter topped with Amaretti and Buffalo Mozzarella
- Wild Mushroom Risotto | Arborio Rice with Porcini, Portobello, Crimini Mushrooms, Virgin Olive Oil and Parmesan crisp
- Pappardelle con Aragosta | Pappardelle Pasta tossed in Lobster Tarragon Sauce with Leeks, White Truffle Oil and Grilled Lobster
- Pennelle Pasta | Tossed in a spiced San Marzano Bazil Sauce topped with Garlic Shrimps
The Fagioli Alla Veneziana section was replaced with Piatto Gegetariano. This change removes the Peperonata con Gagioli from the menu. The new vegetarian section offers guests one dish. Buon appetitio!
- Grilled Portobello Mushroom, Spinach and Plenta | with Porcini and Roasted Shallot Sauce, Parmesan crisp and aged Balsamic Vinegar
The Rombo al Finocchio and Gilled Tuna have been removed from the menu to make room for the Big Eyed Tuna Steak and The Piquant Dover Sole.
- Sea Scallops | Celery Root Purée, baby Vegetables and crispy Leeks served with a Prosecco and Black Tuffle Sauce
- Marinated Big Eyed Tuna Steak | with Green Beans, Roasted New Potatoes, Quail Eggs, Cerignola Olives and White Balsamic
- Piquant Dover Sole – filleted table side | with nut-brown Butter Capers, Anchovies, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Spinach, Carrots and Thyme Potatoes
There were also changes to the meat section of the Palo menu. The tasty Fagotti di Petto di Pollo con Ricotta e Basilico was replaced by Roasted Lemon Rosemary Chicken. I must have been the only person who enjoyed the previous chicken offering. Additionally, and to my surprise, DCL not only modified, but renamed the Beef Tenderloin. the Gorgonzola Cheese is no longer an option and Palo has been dropped from the name.
- Osso Buco | Slow-roasted, center cutVeal Shank with Gremolata and Milanese Risotto
- Roasted Lemon Rosemary Chicken | Roasted Vegetables and Potatoes, served with Truffle Chicken Sauce on the side
- Roasted Rosemary-rubbed Rack of Lamb | with Roasted Carrots, Caponata, Olive Oil Potatoes, Rosemary Jus on the side
- Grilled Prime Beef Tenderloin | with Pancetta Potato, Sautéed Spinach, Barone Chianti Wine Sauce
Rest assured, the Chocolate Soufflé is still on Palo’s dessert menu.
- Chocolate Soufflé | with Vanilla Bean and Chocolate Sauce
- Palo’s Homemade Tiramisu | Layered Coffee-Infused Ladyfingers with Italian Mascarpone Cheese
- Limoncello Tart | Served in an Almond Crust, topped with Yogurt Cream and Carmel
- Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta | with Strawberry-Basil Sorbet, Raspberry with Crumble
- Warm Orange Almond Cake | Orange Fennel Salad with Rhubarb Puree and lemon Cream
- Spoonful of Gelato | choice of flavors
No Sugar Added Dolci
- Apple Crostata
If you happen to notice any new menus on your next cruise please consider take a few pictures to email us when you get home so we can keep the menu page as up to date as possible.
Honestly, I’ve been hoping for a complete menu change for a few years and I guess this was a valiant effort. What do you think about the menu changes?