Disney Cruise Line’s Palo Dinner Menu has been refreshed for 2016 with some significant changes. First I’d like to thank the Disney Hipsters and Nancy Powell for sending me photos of the new menu they discovered in mid-January aboard the Disney Fantasy.
Esperienza del Vino ($59 per person extra)
Right off the bat, you will notice a brand new Palo Wine Experience and for the first time in forever, DCL did not increase the price. The Esperienca del Vino remains a $59 per person uncharge in addition to the regular price of Palo Dinner which is now $30 until Disney ups it another five bucks. Oh, don’t forget the $59 does not include gratuity for the Sommelier.
- Coppa, Favas and Pecorino | Canella Bellini
- Gnocchi Cep Mushrooms, Rosemary | Cuvée Bellavista Franciacorta Brut ’13
- White Asparagus, Smoked Anchovies, Quail Egg, Truffle | Elena Walch Gewürztraminer ‘ 12
- Chilean Sea Bass, Spinach, Buckwheat, Lemon | La Scolca Gavi dei Gavi Black Label ’11
- 25 Day Dry-aged Sirloin, Arugula, Balsamic | Tignanello Marchesi Antinori ’12
- Rhubarb Mascarpone, Grappa | Grappa Alexander Platinum
Antipasti, Insalantine & Zuppa
For the most part, the Antipasti, Insalatine & Zuppa portion of the menu remains fairly the same aside from some modifications to dishes previously offered. However, the Sicilian Pesto Marinated Grilled Shrimp been removed.
- Tomato Mozzarella Caprese | Sliced Beefsteak Tomatoes with Buffalo Mozzarella, Basil, Virgin Olive Oil and Arugula Leaves
- Fresh Arugula Salad | with choice of Palo’s Dressings
- Soft Potato Gnocchi | Tossed in Piennolo Tomato Sauce, garnished with Kale and caramelized Grape Tomatoes
- Fritto di Calamari e Gamberi | Deep-fried Shrimp and Calamari with Lemon-Garlic Mayonnaise and Marinara dippings
- Ciuppin Soup | Mussels, Shrimp, Calamari, Red Mullet and Monkfish poached in a Garlic Basil, White Wine Tomato Broth
- Tuscan White Bean Soup | Cannellini Beans with Pancetta and Kale simmered in Chicken Stock
The Pasta section section see the removal of Risotto di Mare and Chianti Braised Beef Ravioli “en bordo”. In their place DCL added Caramelle di vitello and Butternut Agnolotti.
- Caramelle di vitello | Pasta stuffed with Milk braised Veal, Pancetta and Porcini Mushrooms
- Butternut Agnolotti | with Sage-brown Butter topped with Amaretti and Buffalo Mozzarella
- Wild Mushroom Risotto | Arborio Rice with Porcini, Portobello, Crimini Mushrooms, Virgin Olive Oil and Parmesan crisp
- Pappardelle con Aragosta | Pappardelle Pasta tossed in Lobster Tarragon Sauce with Leeks, White Truffle Oil and Grilled Lobster
- Pennelle Pasta | Tossed in a spiced San Marzano Bazil Sauce topped with Garlic Shrimps
The Fagioli Alla Veneziana section was replaced with Piatto Gegetariano. This change removes the Peperonata con Gagioli from the menu. The new vegetarian section offers guests one dish. Buon appetitio!
- Grilled Portobello Mushroom, Spinach and Plenta | with Porcini and Roasted Shallot Sauce, Parmesan crisp and aged Balsamic Vinegar
The Rombo al Finocchio and Gilled Tuna have been removed from the menu to make room for the Big Eyed Tuna Steak and The Piquant Dover Sole.
- Sea Scallops | Celery Root Purée, baby Vegetables and crispy Leeks served with a Prosecco and Black Tuffle Sauce
- Marinated Big Eyed Tuna Steak | with Green Beans, Roasted New Potatoes, Quail Eggs, Cerignola Olives and White Balsamic
- Piquant Dover Sole – filleted table side | with nut-brown Butter Capers, Anchovies, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Spinach, Carrots and Thyme Potatoes
There were also changes to the meat section of the Palo menu. The tasty Fagotti di Petto di Pollo con Ricotta e Basilico was replaced by Roasted Lemon Rosemary Chicken. I must have been the only person who enjoyed the previous chicken offering. Additionally, and to my surprise, DCL not only modified, but renamed the Beef Tenderloin. the Gorgonzola Cheese is no longer an option and Palo has been dropped from the name.
- Osso Buco | Slow-roasted, center cutVeal Shank with Gremolata and Milanese Risotto
- Roasted Lemon Rosemary Chicken | Roasted Vegetables and Potatoes, served with Truffle Chicken Sauce on the side
- Roasted Rosemary-rubbed Rack of Lamb | with Roasted Carrots, Caponata, Olive Oil Potatoes, Rosemary Jus on the side
- Grilled Prime Beef Tenderloin | with Pancetta Potato, Sautéed Spinach, Barone Chianti Wine Sauce
Rest assured, the Chocolate Soufflé is still on Palo’s dessert menu.
- Chocolate Soufflé | with Vanilla Bean and Chocolate Sauce
- Palo’s Homemade Tiramisu | Layered Coffee-Infused Ladyfingers with Italian Mascarpone Cheese
- Limoncello Tart | Served in an Almond Crust, topped with Yogurt Cream and Carmel
- Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta | with Strawberry-Basil Sorbet, Raspberry with Crumble
- Warm Orange Almond Cake | Orange Fennel Salad with Rhubarb Puree and lemon Cream
- Spoonful of Gelato | choice of flavors
No Sugar Added Dolci
- Apple Crostata
If you happen to notice any new menus on your next cruise please consider take a few pictures to email us when you get home so we can keep the menu page as up to date as possible.
Honestly, I’ve been hoping for a complete menu change for a few years and I guess this was a valiant effort. What do you think about the menu changes?
I am quitte happy with the new menu; not that I disliked anything from the previous one but it is nice that they try to update the offer.
I am especially happy that they now offer Dover sole !
I would also be interested to see if they improved their wine list as previously we thought the choice was too limited.
Im sad they got rid of the braised beef ravioli!!! I loved that but happy they still have lamb.
I’m actually thrilled that the polenta was switched from an appetizer to an entree portion. It is my very favorite dish in any DCL restaurant!
Oh no!! The Fagotti di Petto di Pollo con Ricotta e Basilico was my hubby’s favorite! Although, that Big Eyed Tuna sounds really good and so does the Caramelle di vitello. This May will be our 1st Platinum cruise and we are looking forward to our Palo visit.
Does Palo generally utilize the same menu across all four ships?
They have begun to standardize the fleet menus or at the very least standardize menus by ship class. Palo has been the same.
I’m disappointed that the lobster ravioli is gone and that the gnocchi has a new tomato-based sauce. Those were my two favorite dishes.
Anyone know if Palo has a separate vegan menu or do they just adjust some of the dishes here? Thanks.
Not a separate menu, but they’ll work with you. My wife is a near vegan and the chef made her a great dish, but they had to go to another kitchen to get some ingredients.
Thanks! Just hopin’ it’s worth the extra money for something like that. I know their chefs are awesome though.
and where is the dessert that seems a pasta plate
Is Palo the same as other DCL restaurants where you can try several dishes or is it more like a typical restaurant where you just choose one entree?
Oh, they will be happy to bring you more than one plate. I was on the fence about something for both the appetizers and the main course and our water said “well you must have both!”.
FYI we just sailed on the Wonder. It was still the same Palo menu as before, so it appears these changes are only for the Dream Class ships (at least for now)
We are on the Magic right now and Palo has the new menu.
Do they still have the parmesan cheese w/balsamic vinegar as appetizer??? That’s on of our favorite, simple starters!!!
Oh… Try the new Amaretto souffle. I know this is blasphemy but try it, it is better than the chocolate souffle after we tested them side-by-side.
Chris, You recently had a choice between the chocolate and amaretto souffle at Palo off their
We went to Palo on the Wonder once for dinner and twice for the buffet. I can say that the 4 of us enjoyed the buffet MUCH more since we could build our own portions — the portion sizes at dinner were way too big for us and we left a lot on the plates.
The pizza chef even made the most amazing gluten free pizza I have had in a very long time. They also went way out of their way to make a risotto for me since most of the brunch is not gluten- or shellfish- free. Grazi!
hi sorry about this question but can you ask to have multiple plantes or two different plates at Palo like in the restaurants downstairs?
Yes you can.