Today, runDisney added the Castaway Cay Challenge to their lineup of races scheduled to take place in February 2015 during the Princess Half Marathon weekend. Every runner who finishes the runDisney Castaway Cay Challenge will earn two medals – a Disney Castaway Cay Challenge Finisher medal and a Castaway Cay 5K Finisher medallion to accompany any medals earned for running any of the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend events at Walt Disney World.
The cruise aboard the Disney Dream will feature a stop at Nassau, Castaway Cay, and a day at sea to recoup from the events of the 2015 Princess Half Marathon weekend.
To sign up for the Castaway Challenge, runners must book the February 23, 2015 Disney Dream cruise using promo code RUN, and then register for the Castaway Challenge at www.runDisney.com. The Disney Cruise Line reservation number is required in order to register for the Castaway Cay Challenge which will open to the public on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at 12 PM EST. The Castaway Cay Challenge registration fee is $65 per participant.
Glancing over DCL’s website, there appear to be plenty of stateroom categories to select. At the time of publication, an inside stateroom is available for $700 per person based on double occupancy.
Castaway Cay 5K Highlights
- 3.1 mile course through Disney Castaway Cay, Disney Cruise Lines’ private island in the Bahamas
- Course runs past sparkling lagoons, the harbor, and white sandy beaches
- Surprise Disney magical moments and entertainment on-course
Castaway Cay Participants Receive:
- Castaway Cay Challenge Event T-Shirt
- Commemorative Castaway Cay 5K Finisher Medallion
- Commemorative Castaway Cay Challenge Finisher Medal for participating in one Princess Half Marathon Weekend 5K or longer events PLUS the Castaway Cay 5K
- Post-race refreshments
- Exciting Activities and access to Special Merchandise on board Disney Cruise Line
- Featured Healthy Menu Options on board Disney Cruise Line
This will be the second offering of the runDisney Castaway Cay Challenge which will debut during the Walt Disney World Marathon weekend in January 2015.