This week Disney Auditions put out a casting call for musicians interested in performing in various roles onboard date Disney Wish. Roles include musicians for Arendelle dinner show, Pirate’s Rockin’ Parlay Party, Nightingales pianist, musical entertainment in The Bayou, and other smaller sets. Rehearsals are expected to begin mid-April 2023 with onboard contracts are expected to span from mid-May 2023 to mid-December 2023.
Below is a copy of the casting announcement which can be found here.
Disney Cruise Line – ONLINE SUBMISSION for Disney Wish – Multiple Musician Roles
Deadline for submitting is Wednesday, November 27th, 2022.
Disney Cruise Line’s® brand new luxury cruise liner, the DISNEY WISH, has set sail providing magic for our guests in a new way! Disney takes pride in the art of theatrical storytelling, producing the highest caliber entertainment at sea. Now is your chance to work with industry leaders for a professional entertainment experience like no other.
Disney Cruise Line is seeking musicians to fill our entertainment venues with lively tunes for our Guests of all ages to enjoy. Benefits include competitive pay, travel, room & board in crew cabins (most musician roles receive a single living space with shared bath between two cabins), and elevated onboard privileges.
Auditions with call backs run through November/December with rehearsals beginning mid-April 2023. Onboard contracts are expected to run from mid-May 2023 to mid-December 2023 (to be confirmed at time of offer).
Seeking the following individual roles:
Three Nordic-style folk musicians from the Kingdom of Arendelle who will serenade Guests alongside some of the loveable personalities from Disney’s Frozen in the new dinner show: “An Enchanted Engagement”.
- VOCALIST: The lead vocalist should be engaging and versatile, preferably with musical expertise with the bodhran and other folk drums/percussion. Must be able to read music. Preference is towards vocalists/musicians with top-notch rhythmic timing, adaptable in various styles of Nordic Folk musicianship, and excellent pitch and tone matching. Musical theatre experience and comfort with basic theatre blocking are preferred. A folk legit, mix and belt is required – with a dynamic vocal range: G3 – F5.
- VIOLIN/FIDDLE: The violinist/fiddler should be a versatile and knowledgeable folk-style musician with an engaging stage presence. The musician should possess a spirited and rhythmic style of fiddling, with the ability to shift to classical violin skills for a more orchestral musical offering. Vocals, musical theatre experience, and comfort with basic theatre blocking are a plus. Must be able to read music.
- NORDIC/FOLK-STYLE GUITAR: The guitarist should be a lively guitar player who is highly skilled, with an engaging showmanship onstage. The musician should possess a spirited and rhythmic style of play, and be well-versed in reading guitar rhythm charts. Vocals required. A Nordic folk style guitarist is required in the restaurant, however versatility in guitar play is desired for potential other performance venues. Musical theatre experience and comfort with basic theatre blocking are a plus. Vocal range: B3- F5
Three versatile musicians who will bring atmospheric entertainment to life whether playing as part of the boisterous 80’s rock party or while providing a retro flair on Disney classics in an adult lounge. Members of the trio may also split off to play as individuals or team up with other musicians for smaller sets.
- GUITAR: A lively and versatile guitar player that brings a large repertoire of music spanning several musical genres, including popular hits from yesterday to today. Strong vocals and excellent sight-reading are a must. This highly skilled performer must have showmanship expertise to perform in a variety of venues (indoor and outdoor), being highly proficient in classic 80’s rock as well as jazz and swing. They may be asked to engage with Guests, take requests, and create a fun atmosphere that encourages Guests to return. Performer may also be asked to participate in other activities such as weddings and unique gatherings. Multi-instrumentalists will be highly considered.
- BASS: The bassist is a versatile and grounded musician with the skill to play the electric and acoustic upright bass in various entertainment settings (indoor and outdoor). This artist must be able to sight-read quickly, and they must be able to improvise in a solo moment in front of a large audience, while also having the ability to blend in with an assortment of musicians and vocalists at a moment’s notice. This performer should be capable of playing multiple styles being highly proficient in classic 80’s rock as well as jazz and swing. They must not be shy of taking the spotlight in a LIVE performance. It is preferred that this musician have background vocals, however that is not a requirement. Performer may also be asked to participate in other activities such as weddings and unique gatherings. Multi-instrumentalists will be highly considered.
- DRUMS: Able to lead the band through various songs in every musical genre, the drummer must be a proficient and experienced musician who can read music. This versatile drummer excels at classic 80’s rock, and also has the ability to quickly adapt to swing and jazz on a cocktail drum kit in a musical trio setting. The drummer is a master percussionist, who knows how to put the groove in any beat, or make a LIVE performance explode with excitement regardless of setting (indoor and outdoor). This artist is the heartbeat of the music and the band they are playing with. Vocals are a plus but not required. Performer may also be asked to participate in other activities such as weddings and unique gatherings. Multi-instrumentalists will be highly considered.
PIANIST (2 positions available): A lively piano player that carries a large repertoire of music that spans several musical genres, including classical pieces to popular hits from yesterday to today. Strong familiarization with Disney songs is a must. This highly skilled performer must have showmanship expertise to perform in a variety of venues (indoor and/or outdoor), engaging with Guests, taking requests, and creating a fun atmosphere that encourages Guests to return. Performer must be comfortable playing a pre-set playlist alongside other live musicians. Performer may also be asked to participate in other activities such as weddings, a live musical trivia that requires microphone and communication skills, and/or other unique gatherings. Ability to read music and sight-read quickly is required.
*All performers should be prepared to play 30-45 minute sets up to a maximum of 3-4 hours per day, 6-7 days per week for entire length of contract.
All candidates should prepare a video that contains a brief introduction of yourself and your experience (15-30 seconds) followed by material as specified below:
- Vocalist should prepare 16 bars of a Broadway/showtune and 16 bars of a Disney classic that showcases their range. Please showcase skills with a bodhran or other folk percussion instruments if you have the experience.
- Violin/Fiddle and Nordic/Folk-Style Guitar should prepare a medley of songs (2 to 3 minutes total) that showcase the following: a Nordic/Folk style selection, Disney songs in a virtuoso/soloistic style, and a classical/wedding selection. At least one vocal selection is required for the guitarist. Vocals are encouraged, but not required, for the violinist.
- Guitar, Bass, Drums, and Pianists should prepare a medley of songs (2 to 3 minutes total) that features a range of styles, including: Jazz, Rock, Top 40, Swing, and Latin. Vocals are required for the guitarist. Vocals are strongly encouraged for bass, drums, and pianists.
This is a 2 step process. Candidates must submit AND check-in to the audition to be considered.