Later this year, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort will host their 10th Annual Food & Wine Classic on Friday November 8th and Saturday November 9th. Today, the menus and themed areas for classic’s tin anniversary were announced. New for 2019, the event admission includes the Causeway, and the Beer Garden which has been an additional upgrade in the past! Tickets include unlimited samples of all food and beverage offered for the evening.
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort Executive Chef Dan Herman will feature his personal barbecue favorites at Smokin D’s Barbecue, while original dessert offerings will once again be served by the resort’s executive pastry chef and World Champion Pastry Chef Laurent Branlard.
The Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic offers guests unlimited tastings at more than 90 stations featuring culinary selections from the hotel’s award-winning restaurants and wine from more than 60 wineries amidst a festive backdrop of live entertainment on the hotel’s scenic causeway. This year, causeway tickets include access to the Beer Garden. The event also includes hands-on seminars with the hotel’s chefs and certified beverage experts.
The 2019 Food & Wine Classic menus features recurring festival favorites alongside delightful new dishes with different menus for each night!
Notable new dishes on the 2019 menu include:
- Pan-seared rock fish with cotechino, toasted fregola, romanesco with Lambrusco from Todd English’s bluezoo
- Vegan pho with rice noodle, bok choy, carrot, bamboo shoot, hoisin and sriracha from Fresh
- Organic Kabocha Squash Ravioli with pumpkin seed and sage gremolata, pumpkin crema and pecorino from Il Mulino
- Poutine, French fries and cheese curds topped with gravy at the Beer Garden
- Barbacoa beef taco with ancho Chile braised beef, minced red onion, lime wedge, lime- cilantro and “chimichurri” sauce from Picabu
- Seared Salmon with caramelized cabbage, sauce soubise, chestnut gnocchi ossolani from Garden Grove
- Vegetarian rice bowl with roasted vegetables, seasoned sushi rice, tempura crunch from Cabana Bar and Beach Club
Returning favorites include:
- Oven-roasted angus beef tenderloin with Idaho mashed potatoes, caramelized field mushrooms, sauce bordelaise from Shula’s Steakhouse
- Dynamite Rock Shrimp from Todd English’s bluezoo
- Kimonos and Dragon sushi roll from Kimonos
- Funfetti fried Oreo cookie with dark chocolate ganache at Carnival Corner
- Traditional Earth baked kalua pork at The Pig & The Poke
- Yu Chen’s crispy duck at Chinatown
- Kentuckyaki chicken wings with cilantro-lime dipping sauce at the Beer Garden
The Pig & Poke, the fan-favorite Hawaiian Luau themed area debuted in 2018, will make its return in 2019 along with the other themed areas:
- Carnival Corner, carnival games and food with a twist
- Chinatown, cuisine and beverages inspired by San Francisco’s noted neighborhood
- Bubble Lounge, a sophisticated atmosphere serving sparkling beverages with perfectly paired hors d’oeuvres
- Beer Garden, craft beers with dishes inspired by Oktoberfest
In 2017, I attended the event along with a seminar. If you ask me, this event is everything I want Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival to be. I went with a friend, and we didn’t even get around to all the tables to sample all the food, let along the beer and wine. You can easily walk around World Showcase and drop over $100 on sample and leave the park looking for dinner. This is not the case at the Swan & Dolphins Food & Wine Classic. Although the night we attended, it was moved inside due to weather, the event is normally held outside. Here are just some of the photos from that night.
With 17 restaurants and lounges, and a distinguished culinary and beverage team, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel continually earns national recognition for its food and beverage program. The hotel features more than 70 certified wine sommeliers and 1,400 wine selections.
More information on the special celebratory additions for the event’s 10th year will be announced later. For the latest information about the event or to book overnight package options, you can visit SwanDolphinFoodandWineClassic.com, or call 1-800-227-1500.
Have you been to the Food & Wine Classic? What did you think, will you be returning this fall?